1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Kobe Bryant quit on the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Dec 14, 2009.

?

Did Kobe quit?

1. Yes

61.8%
  2. No

38.2%
  1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9FamHwZfvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9FamHwZfvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did Kobe quit?

2. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I think this guy(the hardest working guy in the NBA) signed with them because they said they are committed to winning. He had loyal fans there and he pretty much put all that loyalty, his stability, his home, all the great things he had their on the line and really took the burn for demanding a train and horrible publicity for one thing, because he wanted to win that bad...

in a day where we have players threatening to leave for more money, bigger markets(lebron) and so on, i think the true player who deserves max money is the guy who wants to win above all, who is obsessive about it that he is willing to take a popularity hit, a whatever hit, to say look we need to win, we need to win now, were selling seat,s im dropping 35 and setting scoring records, but its not good enough...I am sorry, there is different ways to go about it, but i want that star on my team who wants to play so bad that hell put his ass on the line for it, he could've not made it public, but then the general manger wouldn't have that sense of urgency to really improve that team

he called out bynum, i have to think that is integral motivation ifor bynum to feel urgency to get better, he called out the gm, you have to wonder if the gasol trade would've ever happen if he did not do this...its like your working on a group project and slaving yourself with commitment to do the best, your teammates are lackluster and your teacher always gives you slackers...kobe was the hardest working player, he is known for his work ethic, commitment to watching tape, and crazy offseason workouts, to be surrounded by smush parker, and kwame brown...its just going to waste, i think lakers quit on him more so than he quit on them...

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well we know where this thread is headed.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Kobe didn't quit.... Look at that load of crap he had before Gasol got there... he was frustrated and wanting to WIN. This guy is a winner... that's why he's up there with people like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kareem... in terms of being hard workers and wanting to WIN. Pathetic that you question his will to quit. PATHETIC. Did you enjoy this raping?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUNh8-F4CCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aUNh8-F4CCw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

5. blink

blink Contributing Member

so when kobe throws his teammates under the bus with blunt and very straight forward words and talks smack about his GM.... he's considered a motivator. gotcha.

when he quit vs the suns after being up 3-1, he's not really a quitter? :confused:

there's this dude on the rockets that could be called the same.... except he didnt trash his GM.

6. joesr

joesr Member

did I miss something? He is on a good team what happened???!?

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You wonder if the Lakers would have pulled the trigger on the most lopsided trade of the Common Era if Kobe wasn't criticizing them?

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How about when he hardly took any shots in the second half of that playoff game in Phoenix? He got a lot of criticism for that at the time time, but now no one talks about it.

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I'm not calling him a quitter. But is a quitter a guy who throws his team under the bus? According to clutchfans, YES....

Kobe threw Bynum under the bus..

10. blink

it's like they dont even read what they type

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Look what he said!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqLTTJarP-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqLTTJarP-I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He wants out!!!!!!

12. ItsMyFault

How about when his teammates weren't doing **** to help him win? How about that? One man can only do so much...

How can you question someone like Kobe Bryant? He works harder than any player in the league.... this guy has a will to win... and that's why he is a winner... but even being a winner you need some talent around you, there's no way you can win by yourself.

13. ItsMyFault

So he's a quitter because he asked to be traded.... because the management and GM weren't doing anything to help make the team better and it had been 3 years since Shaq left but all they had done was draft Bynum (who until they got Gasol didn't even make an effort to get better). He threw Bynum under the bus because Bynum had so many years to improve... Kareem was helping him... and he wasn't doing diddly squat.

14. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I know Steven A.(hate that guy) probably baited him in saying that but he clearly stated what he felt at the time and he did quit on the team by saying trade me and going through that whole Deva phase. Plus, all those people saying Kobe won without another star is stupid because if Pau Gasol was not on the team it would be the same ****ty lakers after shaq left.

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Ok, what happens if Kobe did get traded?

I can guarantee you Laker fans would call him a quitter. Like we are doing to McGrady right now.

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

lmao, I'm not sure if you're being serious, or just mocking the T-mac apologists...because that was the exact same argument used to defend T-mac.

Some of the T-mac haters are way too hypocritical. T-mac certainly deserves the criticism, but you're a huge hypocrite if you think Kobe didn't deserve flak for the way he acted.

17. blink

are you reading what youre writing? Kobe won rings because of Shaq/Gasol. Who does tmac have? An equally oft-injured Yao ming?

sorry to bring tmac into this... i just saw LCII post above mine and thought that's where the thread was going....

18. ItsMyFault

How exactly is Kobe quitting? He's not quitting on basketball... he's trying to win... the Lakers had told him that they were going in a different direction by building up on young guys... Kobe said he didn't want to wait... he doesn't have forever in his career to win more rings.

T-Mac's situation is different... Kobe didn't give up in the Suns game... that series was over after he'd given it his all.. but nobody on the Lakers was helping him... nobody. That's where frustration comes in.... you're trying to help your team... one man can't beat a team all the time... no matter how great he is.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

oh man, you're hilarious.

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Ok, doesn't being traded mean he quit on the team??? Requesting a trade because he can't carry the load all by himself and needs a player to play with is quitting to me...