1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Giants

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We'll get the Bills next week. I am not at all concerned.

Go Texans!

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Cruz actually is pretty good. I've seen him so much better than that against other teams

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Still in 1st place b****es!!!!

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed, just saying he'd been struggling then did a 180 against us.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

He is what he is. You really can't get mad at him or blame him. The Texans knew that if they are going to win with Fitzpatrick its because they are running the ball well and playing good defense. Minus the one long run by Blue they did neither today.

This is the way this season will go. Play a couple of decent games then lay a turd. Repeat.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Did anyone get a chance to catch the post game? What did BOB say??

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Cushing, who according to many here, has lost a step and was nowhere to be found today, tied a franchise record with 17 tackles. While on a snap count.

As I posted during the game, some of you disappoint me just as much as the team.

Not only did I see those Cushing comments while he was tying a franchise record, someone asked where Watt was. He had a sack and two batted passes, per my memory.

Someone else said Andre Johnson will eventually be cut because he doesn't put forth any effort.

A big LOL to those people in this thread.

8. benchmoochie

Agreed. porous defense today. Your comment can also apply to Jennings.

9. benchmoochie

10. Two Sandwiches

Our biggest issue in run defense is shoring up the linebacking crew. Swearinger is not a backer. I love the guy as a player, but let's face it, he's not an open field tackler. He can hit you in the open field, but he's not going to make a bunch of run stuffs as a linebacker. The other rotation of scrubs that we've been playing next to Cushing on the inside just won't cut it either. Those are our two biggest deficiencies in the run stopping game,in my opinion.

#970 Two Sandwiches, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

While this is a disheartening loss, let's be optimistic for the upcoming games.

Sure, it could've been worse, but I've noticed with this staff is their resiliency (especially after the Cardinals game), and I have no doubt in my mind that they'll correct it.

Turnovers; sure Fitz has the rep for being an interception machine, but I think he'll be able to bounce back nicely against Buffalo. (Also, Bironas was a former teammate, so there may be some emotional/mental burden)

I felt much better about the team coming back out at halftime and making some necessary adjustments. I wouldn't be too confident about Kubiak being able to do that in the previous years.

There's a lot of growth necessary for this team to really succeed and it's going to hurt, but let's be confident and understand that NFL teams remain competitive week to week, so we gotta hand it to the Giants for being able to capitalize on our lack of capitalizing on their mistakes (LOL).

Also, I was vying for Fitz to be benched early in preseason, but that dude is tenacious, something Schaub rarely proved.

It's good to be humbled by this loss and to let it sting. Let's get on to the next one. GO TEXANS!

12. Win

Win Contributing Member

"rum sopping" is hard ;)

13. Two Sandwiches

Fixed. Stupid phone.

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Anyone watching the Broncos game? I think someone hit the Buffalo Wild Wings overtime button.

15. mario_v

mario_v Member

Smh @ thinking racking up tackles means anything. He hardly made any plays.

In case you didn't know, rashad Jennings ran the ball 34 times for over 150 yards. Of course Cushing was gonna jump on top of piles and get tackles.

It's one thing to make tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage, it's quite another making a tackle with the RB getting 5-7 yards a carry.

Cush has lost a step, he's lost a lot of his explosiveness. I still have hope that hes still getting back into form but it's not looking good.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Didnt get to watch game today, just got thru some highlights. Looks like turnovers, penalties, lack of running game and run defense killed us but I know O'B will keep plugging along and fix these issues. Hopkins is impressive, he may be #1 reciever now. Blue has got alot of potential, he may start giving Foster a run for his money like Hopkins is AJ. This team will get better every week.

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

you cool ;) couldn't help it. just thought it was funny.

18. Mashing

Mashing Member

This loss was squarely on the shoulders on the offensive an defensive lines. Horrible days from both of them. Fitz didn't play well, but if the lines didn't play so poorly we'd of had more of a chance in this game.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah there was a couple of situations where the Texans needed to pick up short yardage on the ground and they just couldn't do it. If they manage to get first downs/TD's in those situations rather than having to punt (which got blocked setting up easy points) or kick FG's the game could have ended very differently. I think Foster might have gotten the yardage needed, but the O line was really bad this game.

Also, the defense not being able to stop the run was ridiculous. Clowney needs to get back ASAP

20. Bob Barker 007

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a sage man. Now does that mean he is wise, or that he plays like Sage Rosenfels?