1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

It wasn't characterization. It was done based on cold, hard facts and a highly comprehensive study. you need to see more of the world before you start preaching that "love" and "caring" are all that really matter. there's a right and wrong way to love somebody, brother.

2. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Yea someone being poor is clearly observable, I was concerned with the doesn't understand proper parenting as if being rich makes someone more knowledgeable? Intentions matter so much as they play into the rehabilitation when someone does something wrong. Parenting is not a science it's a relationship. His action was wrong, his intention presumably right he needs to learn from it.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Thank you so much for calming me down... when I first read what [downbytheriver] posted i was irate

Yes I am AA and I came from a household that was not well off and yet I have served my country in Desert Storm... I have 2 Bachelor degrees plus a Master degree in Information systems... Yes my parents used corporal punishment, so I take it that makes them bad parents...

And for someone who has a quote of the bible on that signature really sends mix signals... the bible has more stories of individuals being discipline then any other book... And i know you know the quote of "Spare the Rod and Spoil the child"

The phrase “spare the rod, spoil the child” comes from Proverbs 13:24, “He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.” The Lord uses discipline to reveal our sin to us. This is also how parents reveal the truth of our need for a Savior to their children. When a child does not feel the consequence of his sin, he will not understand that sin requires punishment. The Lord provides a way to salvation and forgiveness through Jesus, but that means little to those who do not see their sin.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/spare-rod-spoil-child.html#ixzz3DoTANkZ7

So be careful how you post things and especially if you're quoting biblical phrases in your signature...

T_Man

#423 T_Man, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  4. downbytheriver

The first thing you're doing is taking a REWRITE of the Bible literally... in a different time with a different context. You know what that leads to? Scenario's such as a jihad in Islam. The reason Christianity is flourishing is because the majority of it's disciples are in a knowledgable enough position to be above that.

Secondly -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/20/peterson-corporal-punishment_n_5845316.html

Ouch, ignorance is bliss I guess!!

5. downbytheriver

"I still believe 'spare the rod, spoil the child!' Know your child and what 'works' with him/her." -- Yolanda Collins

"When did the 'rod' become a belt or switch? Oh, during slavery when blacks were beat with whips. As we have progressed in society, we know more, and can understand child development better." -- Timmie J. Winston Jr.

OUch T Man! You took a beating yourself in this thread! There's no shame in admitting you were wrong and that you followed sinful beliefs as long as you are willing to make the change. Don't live in ignorance forever, forgive them father... for they do not know they have sinned

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'Spare the rod...' refers to the father having sex with his children - incest is taught from Adam and Eve onwards throughout the bible.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Adrian Peterson still has not come to grips with the prospect that his 2014 season has all but officially ended and that his future in the NFL is uncertain, multiple sources have told ESPN.

Even if Peterson reaches a plea deal on a child abuse charge with Texas prosecutors, the NFL will severely discipline the Minnesota Vikings star, according to sources.

Peterson is in denial about his future, according to a team source. The Pro Bowler tweeted Friday that he passed a lie detector test, which served as further proof, according to multiple sources, that he "really doesn't get it."

The Vikings do not foresee Peterson in their future, according to team sources, following a botched attempt to activate the running back this past Monday only to reverse course Wednesday by placing him on the commissioner's exempt list.

Peterson faces a child abuse charge in Texas for using a wooden switch to spank his 4-year-old son in May. He has said he meant only to discipline the boy and not hurt him.

Since he is on the exempt list, Peterson can collect the remainder of his $11.75 million salary for this season. However, the Vikings have not disclosed whether they plan to activate Peterson at any point this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11563542/adrian-peterson-denial-chances-play-season-future-minnesota-vikings

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Taking a rewrite of the Bible... LOL!!! That passage is from Proverbs 13:24 which was written by King Solomon and your signature is taking from psalms which was written by King David his father... See that's the problem with the whole thing, people want to pick and choose which laws they want to endorse.. You believe in the commandments, which is written from the old law but not the lessons and laws from proverbs..

I am not going to even get into your Jihad statement because it's just asinine and you have no ideal of what you are talking about...

I have no problem with you not spanking your children, if that's how you want to raise your children then so be it... But don't come telling me how to raise mine and then trying to call it barbaric, because I don't believe in your ways... As Nook has stated there are many articles and statements on the internet to support both sides... I am not wasting my time to go find any...

As for you calling parents who use corporal punishment ignorant.. You have issues and big time issues... I can guarantee you at least 80% or higher of any professional athlete will say if it WASN'T for their parents being so strict and using corporal punishment they wouldn't be in the position they're in today... I know because I have a family member that played in the BA and that phrase is true..

Even with all the people on this thread that are against it and also received it, they can also say they deserved it and because of that discipline that helped them...

Does corporal punish work with all kids.. NO... But that goes for taking away items or time-out... By the way ignorant parents are those who don't discipline their kids in any way or those who abuse their parents...

For you have the signature you have and then post the way you do it's hilarious and hypocritical...

And no have not beat me down and as Nook stated
    T_Man

9. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

You know those quotes are from facebook and in that same HuffPo article there is support for spankings?

It is up to the parents to convey why they are spanking the child, it is not discipline if its just a spanking. There needs to be a lesson learned from the incident being committed, the Bible verse does speak of being careful (considerate) in the disciplining of the child so the parent must use discretion also.

10. 713

713 Member

Report: Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson funded orgy for underage brother with charity money.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/...=maing-grid7|maing9|dl2|sec1_lnk1&pLid=541129

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just crazy.

I didn't even know AOL was still around.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What a piece of **** human being.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. You willingly have sex with a bunch of guys but when they don't care about you its rape. Rape allegations are not something you just throw out there when you feel dumb and used.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

For some reason, the highlighted part made me laugh.

Now that's my idea of a fun night - arguing, drinking and having sex.

15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

6 kids with 6 different women, still has orgy with 4 women & his little brother.

[​IMG]

No more posting bible scriptures for you bro.

#435 Obito, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  16. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Awesome big brother tho.

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Sooner gonna Sooner

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sooner gone soon

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Sounds like he'll fit right in with the Cowboys.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Any lawyer want to translate?