1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets still showing interest..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bezzle, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I would never trade DMO for Boozer. In a salary dump move, I would trade T-Jones for Boozer and pics.

2. pass_to_Hakeem

Why on this planet would we trade DMo or TJ for Boozer??? He's as soft as a baby's ass!!! No thank you

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

Why should the team be all in next year but not this year? Next offseason, there is a chance that Dwight might become a free agent, Ty Lawson might be a free agent and D-Mo and TJones will be free agents (for the record, I think Dwight will opt in to his player option and we will pick up Lawson's team option. But you never know?). I am sure Morey will make one or two small moves during this upcoming season to improve the team slightly- he always does. But I don't see why the Rockets shouldn't be all in this upcoming year. We don't know yet if Lawson will get his act together and be a good fit with Beverley and Harden, but if he can then there is no reason that the Rockets wouldn't have just as high a chance of winning a championship as any other team in the league.

I don't think anyone can say "screw 2016 free agency". If watching Morey has taught us anything it is that he will always have flexibility if he needs it. He was able to trade the bloated contracts of Asik and Lin. He was able to trade Thomas Robinson when it was reported that 'nobody wanted him'. If he needed to, I'm sure he could create space next free agency.

However, 2016 free agency has Kevin Durant and Al Horford. I would love to have either on our team and I hope that the Rockets have a chance to talk to them. The chances of either choosing us would have to be considered slim. Not impossible, but not likely either. After those two, the free agent pool is a lot less exciting.

The Rockets are title contenders now. They should be doing everything they can to maximize their chances while this window is open. If a trade for TJones presents itself that makes our team better, then by all means, go for it. If not, then keep Jones for this season even if we lose him next offseason. He is a much better backup PF than Boozer or anyone else I can think of that might be available now.

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

should have bring Scola back to play back-up center, slightly better than Boozer

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

We're probably just driving up the price so Dallas will overpay.