1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best 2nd String Squad

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nimo, Jul 7, 2015.

1. soupman

soupman Member

Presuming reasonably a starting 5 of Beverley, Harden, Ariza, Smith and Howard, and presuming no more moves, the Rockets' bench would likely be:
    Terry
    McDaniels
    Brewer
    Jones
    Motiejunas

That ain't too shabby, particularly in the front court. It could use some better ball handling and perimeter shooting in the back court.

2. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

So its pretty good in my opinion.

Varejao is great energy off the bench.

Their starters are also insanely good.

Cavs are stacked.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It definitely has the potential to be good.

It also has the potential to disappoint.

I feel solid about Mills, but don't know what the others will bring. Manu has been pretty up and down by year, and seems to be feeling the age. Last year was the first real significant step down year for him, and then he got even worse in the playoffs. He'll be 38 later this month and while it is amazing and all the way Pop has managed minutes and the Spurs have extended careers... on the whole, players of that age tend to drop every year.

You're never really 100% sure what you'll get from Diaw. He also had a big drop last year, but he's at least younger.

I like David West, but he ALSO had a big drop last year and is in his mid 30's. He should be good as a backup, though. I don't think Diaw or West can really play center, so they've got a LOT of PFs.

It should all still work out for the Spurs, given the strenght in their starting lineup. But they do have a lot of ifs.

- Parker, Manu and bench, will Timmy ever really decline, etc.

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This is kind of dumb because no team really plays with all five bench guys on the floor at once.

5. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Prigioni Nick Johnson Kpop Capela and Dorsey too

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I still like the Lakers, assuming Randle starts and they keep Young on the bench:

Hill (12/8)
    Bass (11/5)
    Young (13 ppg)
    Williams (15 ppg)
    Clarkson (12 ppg)