1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[But the game is on] Rockets should go after Iguodala

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Keep in mind this is a blog, but I like it (and the article was decent) so I wanted to share. It's very complimentary.

All this talk about Melo, who is definitely a great player, seems to have put other possible players on the back burner.

Link

What would you add to this? anything?

Is Iggy worth giving up Chase? I think he is... especially after watching him with team USA.

Plus he's a character guy... I like character guys.

edit: forgot to add... the author is 17 years old. Pretty impressive if you ask me... he writes better than some of my college classmates.

1 person likes this.
  2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Thought this was for Iverson

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I fixed the thread title, so that confusion won't happen again.. thank you for pointing it out :)

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Very fair deal Hill, Bud, and Jeffries for Iggy.

AB/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Iguodala/Battier
    Scola/Hayes/Patterson
    Yao/Miller

If Carmelo costs us one of AB or Martin I would rather do this deal.

1 person likes this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The 76'ers might well trade him, but I imagine it would be more of a deadline deal. I imagine they want to see if he and Evan Turner can play together.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

No way in Hell would I give up BOTH Budinger and Hill for Iggy!!

--RB

7. DontTradeOswalt

Iguodala plays better defense. He's also cheaper and if it meant keeping Martin, id rather go for Iggy. Martin/Iggy combo is better than Lee/Melo. Also saves the Rockets money to re-sign Brooks if they do keep him. But would Philly finally trade him? Let's just hope Turners the real deal and he doesn't work well with Iggy

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have always felt Iggy was overrated. He is good but certainly not great. Melo is an elite player/superstar. Iggy is a good player, #3 type of guy. I would rather have Melo, but certainly would not turn down a reasonable trade for Iggy.

That being said, international play is very different from NBA play, success there does not always equate to success in the NBA.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Iggy is a Chris Bosh type of tier player, great player but not an alpha dog to build around. I would want someone to build around in case the Yao Era ends sooner rather than later. But beggars can't be choosers...

10. worzel gummidge

Young has to beat out Iggy. That hasn't happened yet. Either Young does that this season or he's another MLE guy in free agency or is shipped out this season.

I think their roster is set.

Williams/Holiday
    Turner
    Iggy
    Brand
    Speights/Hawes

Writing about Battier from two seasons ago? Today, he'll be a 32yo this season with an ankle problem that will never go away.

11. skattles08

skattles08 Member

I for one would love to see iggy in red and mustard. Would be nice to have that elite wing defender that battier might not be anymore. And to have him learning from the best technical perimeter defender in the league? Yes yes yes.

I might like this even better than a Melo trade as it appears he's more interested in location than winning. Last year it seemed he took a step forward in terms of priorities and dedication but all this NJ/GS and even LAC talk seems like a big step back.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hve always said that Iggy was a better fit than Melo, as far as the starters go. Either one would be great, but we wouldn't have to give up any of our core players to get Iggy wit it. :grin:

13. skattles08

skattles08 Member

Although if we have a legit shot at getting Melo you won't see me complaining about it

14. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Before the Melo crap came to light, I was discussing with friends how I would like for the Rockets to go after Iggy. Not sure what I would give up for him though.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This article is not legit and it's just one's wishful opinion....why even want to start a thread on it when it's not going to happen??

16. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

[​IMG]

Did this one a while back of Iggy in Rockets' red.

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

He makes a point. To pursue Anthony we'd give up Martin or Brooks. I'd rather keep both and have Iggy who plays tougher and more commuted defense suit up for us at the small forward position.

I'd offer draft picks, Jeffries and Hill. They have turner and they need a solid pf.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why???

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, unlike your post, it was a good read and I enjoyed it. It's good to see somebody outside of Houston understands how deep our squad is. One of the things I love about this forum is I find articles about the Rockets I wouldn't otherwise find and read. I don't mind that it's an opinion piece at all if it's a good one - and I think this is a good one. Thanks, Hayesfan!

As for his proposed trade, I think the price on Iggy has gone down. I'd do it for Jeffries, Hill and a single 1st round pick, but not two. Or they could have Budinger, but not the pick. As much as I love Bud, we wouldn't have much need for him with Iggy in tow and Battier still here.

20. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Because it still created good and relevant discussion. This is a DISCUSSION board after all.

1 person likes this.