1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power Forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2000.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have seen a couple reports saying that Charles Oakley wants out of Toronto. Now i know he is old, but he is still very good. He also has a good range on his jumper. Now im not sure what he is making (4-6 mil?). But maybe trading Drew and the 4.5 could get him.

P.S. The gangsta post was bad I admit it, but hey I was bored.

------------------
    7 years 42 million mistakes.

2. vince

vince Member

No, Toronto has burned the Rockets too many times in stupid trade talks. Every trade talk that these two teams have spoken about, the Raptors have leaked out information that Rockets have worked real hard to get to those points. Then after the leak other teams offer more.

Now the Raptors really need a good point guard and that is something that Drew is. Don't help the Raptors out. The Raptors are not a proffessional team, so the best thing for the Rockets is not to deal with them. That is unless they start including Vince Carter in the Talks.

------------------

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I would love to get Oakley on the Rockets, but lets wait and see where we draft first.

------------------
    You can't have everything.Where would you put it?

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, you still have time to make up for that post. In the meantime, lemme talk about this post :

You've got to be kidding me.

------------------
    ?

5. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Oakley?

Please, let's not add more OLD talent onto this team. We've made movements towards being young and quick, I'd rather the team develope as Unit rather than bit's and pieces. I think you only add veterans when you're contending, or if they're willing to play off the bench.

I still thinking handing Oakley 4.5 mil. is tooo much.

Elie17

------------------

6. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Not to mention there would be questions on whether he and Hakeem could coexist. That could cause alot of damage to a young team.

------------------