1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley might return for playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wish we could just let Beverley go out there with his cast on. He's alreadyan offensive liability, but with the cast he just gets that much better on defense. A much better weapon to bludgeon opposing PG's with.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I wonder how much diet helps in recover .

3. rockets13champs

We dont need him this series we need him on tony parker or chris paul

4. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

My thoughts exactly. 3 pg rotation would mess things up for the opposing teams. They would have to adjust to a pure point in prigs, a shooter in terry, and an animal in Beverly. It would be different the whole game and would allow us to mix and match.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Our player roster should be locked down already. I doubt PB and Dmo are on the "Active" list for the roster.

6. bongman

bongman Member

"playoff roster" **

7. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Beverly's return would be nice, but I really hope DMo can come back. DMo helped get us to where we are more than Beverly did. And I like Jason Terry starting next to Harden. Terry can have plays Run For him, such as bring him off some picks for a jumper. What we don't need is a poor mans Rondo mucking up the offense.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Terry really stepped his game up in game 1. If he can play close to that level the entire series, we should be fine.

I would like Bev back ASAP, though, he hits some timely threes and is a much better defender than Terry/Prig.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i thought i read somewhere recently that he doesn't go completely castless until around may 20th

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

No way he can come back from that back surgery, heard someone ask on the CP show and he explained it was NOT possible this playoffs.

11. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

That's too bad. He is my favorite player. Hooks and 3's and better interior AND perimeter defense than people give him credit for. Able to post up Dirk and shot a 3 in his eye. Could do the same against Splitter/Dunkan/Baines or Griffin/Jordan/Hawes, or Gasol/Randolf/Green. GS ??? Anyways, No Donut's then Give me some Capela!

12. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Terry cannot be hidden vs Golden State, so a return in a potential WCF would work out perfectly.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I can believe it since it's not his shooting hand. If it was his shooting hand I'd be skeptical.

There was a day and age in the NBA where guys wouldn't even know they needed such a thing as a wrist surgery and would just play through the pain. Beverley is that type of player.

14. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

I have faith that we'll see his return in late May/early June.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not much.

16. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

uh, what?

17. reliableman

reliableman Member

Regardless of his come back time. Great to hear!

18. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Not likely, if we are even in the play-offs come end of May, that means we've made the WCF. This also means we are playing very well. Would you really risk throwing Beverley out there when the team is on a roll? It might seem like a no-brainer theoretically because that means we need someone to slow down Curry / Conley / Lilliard. Don't know if I would do it though.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

depends how much the diet includes supplements and amino acids

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yeah Beverly will be back. i think he'll be back late second round honestly. but we just have to get there first.

Dmo is not coming back unfortunately. no chance for him. so this year we really have to put up or shut up. no excuses.