1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk Nowitzki is Awesome

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Apr 19, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

So he's not getting fined for that flop on Prig?

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Dirk just needs to retire. It's sad and embarrassing watching him out there.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

This. Occasionally (once every two games) Harden does barrell himself into a defender in order to force the whistle. I'm not a fan either but in his defense he does it very infrequently. Unforunately the narrative with non-rocket fans is that 90% of Harden's fouls are drawn through this cheap tactic. Its tragic because its actually the other way around.
    >90% of his fouls are legit.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This. Douche Mavs fans discussing this thread.:rolleyes:

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hoping I'm not off topic, but the whole notion of the number of Harden's free throws is not out of the ordinary when comparing to others in previous seasons.
    Harden had 824 this regular season.
    Durant had 805 last season.
    MJ had 972 in 86/87.

Opposition fans need to get their head out of their @#$% and stop blaming Harden or the refs for something that has gone on every year.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too early to count him out. If he does not do anything on Dallas home court, then it is nearly over.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

LOL, take your homer goggles off.

harden initiates contact AND exaggerates contact.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

of course he does. looks at what happens when he gets beat up in the paint and hacked and takes all the hits and STILL doesn't get the foul?

Harden has been screwed over on so many fouls this season. 3+ that were late in the game that ended up costing us a loss.

If i were him damn right i'd be "exaggerating" contact if i could initiate it.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dirk is another one of those softy big men who flops and flails his head at little to no contact.

Dude needs to stop being a p***y and put his big boy pants on

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Oh, then they know they can get whiny about Harden all they want, but that Dirk and Barea has been doin it for years.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Heh, guy on mavericks.scout.com seeing our thread and responding:

Re: GAME TWO: Mavericks@Rockets | April 21, 2015 | TNT | 8:30...
    1:10 AM
    After reading that Anti-Dirk thread on the clutchcity forum, I have much more/ respect for our forum here. Pretty childish stuff they have going on over there.

I get not liking another teams player, but a hall of famer and legend like Dirk? I mean come on... its not like he is James Harden or something...

http://mavericks.scout.com/forums/2144-mavericks-discussion/13810528-game-two-mavericks-rockets-april-21-2015-tnt-8-30-pm-ct?s=268&page=2

12. TheJet

TheJet Member

Agreed to a point, but a SG exaggerating contact received while driving through the opposing teams front court players vs a seven footer exaggerating contact with a PG is where I see a difference.

Shaq, Yao and to a lesser extent Howard played through contact from smaller players constantly with no whistle. It's the nature of being a big in the NBA. The smaller guys typically get the benefit of the doubt. As a former small PG I'll admit I'm biased though. If I saw a dude that had eight inches and 90lbs on me go flying from incidental contact I'd laugh in his face, foul or no.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Teams should start pointing and laughing at the silly flops.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There was one last night in the Bulls game where Mirotic drove the lane and the Bucks player put his arm up as if he was going for the block. Mirotic threw the ball straight up and screamed like he was hit on the arm, but on replay it was clear he threw the ball up before the guy even got his arm close to him.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty funny how mad he was, but we were winning so there's that. Also, when he's throwing a fit I like to imagine he's yelling in German. For some reason it just seems funnier. Is that wrong?

16. TheJet

TheJet Member

He might very well be swearing in German. :p Was anyone close enough on Saturday? German always seemed like the best language in which to curse. I'm sure you've all seen the youtube, "What things sound like in German".

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

He is Tim Duncan brother from another mother, both are big cry babies.

18. akeemshook

akeemshook Member

Holy cognitive dissonance Batman! Rockets fans. Yes Rockets fans. Complaining about flopping.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Why do people act like initiating contact even matters? Really the only exaggeration he does is throwing his arms up to make it look he's shooting whenever he's fouled, the arms go up and all over the place, you can't miss it, lol

Like game 1, what flopping did he do? he got 2 fouls for in bonus hand checking, there was no visible movement but they call that whether there's visible contact or not, that's just undisciplined d, 2 from end game take fouls, 1 ft from a tech, 2 from his arms getting tied up (which is where the throw his hands in the air when he might not have even been shooting comes in) and 1 from an rsbq call and 1 from that trip with dirk.

Flopping is where you fall over from minor to no contact, what he did against Griffin last year, that was a flop.

#79 Aleron, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just sharing because I finally found a Dirk flop clip from game 1. There were a few more that I remember, particularly when Dirk flew across the baseline when Dwight's arm never extended.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/ezx1ezKAXnm/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I'll give him props that he didn't flop much in game 2, but Barea flopped all over the place instead.