1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's official. Time to Panic!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Dec 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. franchise?..NOT

Now that Rudy and Steve have come out publicly to say, A.) Rudy doesn't know what he's doing and B.) Steve realizes he can't do it alone, we now are officially in panic mode. It's insane for anyone to say this but our best hope now is for Mobley to come back to add offense to this overpaid group of underachievers. When the coach wrings his hands in public it's time for a change. He is certainly not selling any tickets with this poor me act. I have preached patience to this point and would still like to see a set rotation which is left alone to see if it jells. This panic coaching is not working. If they can't get a rotation going soon then you have to ask yourself who put this team in this position and why are they unable to do anything about it. At that point it's time for wholesale changes from the top down. I hoped to wait out the season and we still must at this point. The clock is now ticking, though. Who goes. The management that created the problem or the players. Normally it's management.

2. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Don't the Rockets have the 4th best record in the West? If we had the Grizzles record then I would panic. Give the team a little more time.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Chicken Little.....:rolleyes:

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

We are on pace for 47 wins, which would be a 19 game improvement over last season.

Yup. Time to panic.

We are currently have the 4th best record in the WC.

Yup. Time to panic.

Of our 7 losses, 3 have come against the top 3 teams in the league.

Yup. Time to panic.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Actually, after we lose to the Spurs tonight, we'll be 8th in the West behind Utah and Minnesota with games agains New Orleans, Philly, and Sacramento coming up...

[​IMG]

7. franchise?..NOT

Hey. If Rudy and Steve can come out and panic in public about our team then why can't I?.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

How exactly did they panic? They stated they are struggling on offense and that Rudy is having trouble finding the right rotations to play. And....

Wow, those sure are startling revelations! :rolleyes:

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When we are mathematically out of the playoff race, then I will panic. That will not happen though, so Im chillin like a villain.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, what would be the point of panicking then? There'd be nothing left to do and nothing to panic about.

Not that I'm arguing we should panic now. It's ridiculous how much heat the team is getting for being in the fourth seed.

11. gram!

gram! Member

i sure would like to see a set starting 5 though...

12. cujo

cujo Member

No need to panic until the latter part of season and team is below 500. Anyone that panics now needs to go see a pyschiatrist for panic attack disorder. Rockets are 4th in the west and they have a bunch of home games this month. Also, Rice and Mobley are back. So please don't hit the panic button and nuke us all.

13. franchise?..NOT

Their comments in the paper do not exactly amount to a ringing endorsement of the players on the team or the way the team is performing. Maybe not a panic, but let us go through a 3 game losing streak any time soon and I think you'll see some more finger pointing.

14. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Rudy keeps saying he needs offense but he won't play Nachbar to see what he can do. I have a feeling that Nachbar and Ming would work well together.

:D :D :D :D :D