1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Omer Asik's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Firebomb525, May 13, 2013.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Same contract as Lin, but his value has skyrocketed. One of the most improved players and a defensive anchor.

What could he be had for? I'd be hesitant to give him up unless we are getting Dwight to replace him.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

He can play next to Dwight.
    He was a PF when he started. He is a natural PF. He got forced to play center because he was stronger and more athletic than most centers.

When they switched Gasol to C and Howard to PF to make that end of season run for 7th seed, Lakers looked great.

Asik's trade value is very high because rim protecting big men are in demand.
    We can trade him easily but I don't reckon we should. He's gonna improve next year and his trade value will be through the roof as an expiring contract.

1 person likes this.
  3. rurban

rurban Member

Dwight better as Asik? Didn't you see Asik last quarter at OKC game 5 and can you see Howard in that situation. Massively overrated.

Keep him, improve his confidence and win the championships with him and Gregg Smith. cp3 yes, but the center question is no question more. This is already answered.

4. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

This is something I don't understand. Why would his trade value be through the roof as an expiring contract? I feel like that only applies to players that you don't necessarily want to keep. Won't teams want to keep Asik? (and not have to give him a raise to do it)

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

The trade value is too damn high!

Morey is plotting already.

6. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Don't trade Asik. But I wouldn't play Asik and Dwight together in the starting line up. Dwight and T.Jones make a lot more sense. Jones can hit the 3, and he is a really good shot blocker and rebounder. Let Asik back up Howard so Rockets will always have a 7-footer anchoring the defense without exhausting either one of them.

7. jocar

jocar Member

:confused: K, that made no sense. Are you trying to sound like you know more than you know, or do you know more than we know you know? You know?

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

I'd say it's pretty good. He came 2nd in rebounding I believe. He was also one of the Most Improved Players.

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I just don't buy into both he and Dwight playing together. I know we had a small taste of it when we played Smith next to Asik, but I just can't buy it. Have there been recent examples of a tandem like that? Neither has a reliable jumper.

Selling high is Morey's M.O.
    Could we net somebody like Josh Smith or Paul Millsap in a S&T? Throwing in T-Rob, of course.

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Trust me McHale wants both. If he gets Dwight, he'll be in Morey's ear about the playbook for 2 bigs and Morey's head will be spinning and once it hits maximum velocity it will explode.

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Dwight's not coming, all this speculation is moot. We need to find a star PF, defensive wing-man off the bench, resign Garcia or Delfino, possibly go after a back-up C with upside. CP3 would be nice too but doubt that's happening either.

12. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

He is most definitely not a natural PF.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We'd be batdung crazy to trade him this year when his payroll hit is only $5M. I'd be opposed to trading him at all, but I could see it the following year when his payroll hit is $15M. Right now we couldn't get value for him without throwing in other players and , which would be even crazier. Some team would have to give us a top five draft choice who has already proved himself -- which would mean that player would be rendered, almost by definition, untradeable.

No matter what happens, IMO, the Rockets would be crazy to trade Asik for anyone not named LaBron James or Kevin Durant.

14. craguin

craguin Member

Andre Drummond & Greg Monroe, perhaps? If you look at the boxscores of the last few games of the season (late April), it looks like they both were in the Pistons lineup at the same time:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andre_drummond/game_by_game_stats.html
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/greg_monroe/game_by_game_stats.html

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

keep both players

we need to be elite defensive and rebounding team down low...

we can shoot 3's and do pick and rolls

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

17. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Sorry, I'm a generally sarcastic person and I type pretty fast and just what comes to mind. I realise sarcasm does come through very well in the written word.

not sarcastic: we should keep Asik, he has a great upside, potential top 5 center in the league, Dwight is injury prone and drama queen. Asik's trade value is high but will be higher in 4-5 years. Big men are hard to come by.

1 person likes this.
  18. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

His cap hit is not 5, it's 8.3. Anyone else care to chime in? I'm on a mobile and don't feel like typing it out. 25/3=8.3 (poison pill or not).

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You are correct for the millionth time. How many times does this need to be repeated. Him and Lin's cap hit is 8.3 per year.

-Technically Les is writing a check out for 5, 5, 15 but that shouldn't even need to be noted on here. Who cares other than Jeremy, Jeremy's girlfriend, and Les Alexander. Even Morey shouldn't care.

20. dje243

dje243 Member

Extremely high. The only way he goes is if Dwight comes. If Dwight stays, then Asik stays and we go hard after Love and LMA in 2014.