1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets logo/uniform change?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrajeeC, Jun 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. CrajeeC

CrajeeC New Member

Ok ...I know the Rockets are going to be undergoing a few roster changes, but there is one thing I'd like to see the Rockets definatly change. The uniforms/logo. Is there any news of this?

------------------

2. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

I remember a while back on CC.net an interview with someone that was high up in the Rockets. It said that they had not gotten many complaints about the jerseys. I don't know how that is possible. Anyone want to start a petition with me? Seems like CC.net has a lot of pull theses days. Maybe convince them to get new jerseys that we approve beforehand for the new stadium?

------------------

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

The Rockets will be using burnt orange and maroon as their color scheme next year to honor the two biggest Texas colleges.

------------------
    "We make more, but we spend more."
    Patrick Ewing

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i like the logo, but the jersey's need to change...

get rid of the pin stripe & logo on the jersey.

------------------

5. UofTOrange

The way Rockets is written is about the only thing I like with the new logo. The Grinning teeth are horrible. I don't know I guess I am a sucker for classic uni's.

------------------

6. Deltar

Deltar Member

As much as I appreciate the idea of honoring the two biggest Texas colleges..... but burnt orange and maroon? Did someone just dump a Laker's jersey in a barrel of oil or something?

------------------
    "Minute after minute, hour after hour, the proud and strong knight struggled in vain against the wasp inside his armour."

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

My guess is that the Rockets won't change anything before they move into the new arena. If they don't make a change then, however, I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

8. Franchisedream

The Jerseys have some problem with those jagged pin stripes. No pinstripes or just regular ones would look better but the biggest flaw in our uniform is the SHORTS!

The shorts need some real help. What is that along the side? It's kind of a sripe but it fades out and it's too wide, and whatever

------------------

9. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Orange and Maroon: it works for Virginia Tech!

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.

10. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

thanks Jeff.

------------------

11. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

I'm honestly suprised they have been able to sign free agents and/or aquire them through trades because the uniforms are so bad. I would retire if I had to wear those heinous pieces of... I do like a lot of there practice gear and any stuff that doesn't contain any of the elements that are on the jerseys.

------------------

12. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I wished we would go back to our red and gold and the old logo. There was so much tradition w/that combination. 4 division titles,4 finals appearance, and 2 championships. Since we changed logos and unis, all we have to show is a one west conference appearance. Our old uniforms were kinda simple but sometimes simple is still very appealing, look at the celtics. Even the Knicks and Lakers who kinda changed their uniforms kept the basic theme and colors. Lets bring back tradition!!!!!!!!!

------------------

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm gonna just go ahead and say that's coincidence. Especially since we had 20+ years in the pimpin' red & gold and only about 5 in the pajamas.

BTW, I listened to the Mavs VP or Pres of Operations (can't remember his exact title) describing their new uniforms on the radio. They said there would be very very very faint pinstripes on them that you'd have to be right on top of to even notice. The interviewer responded with something like "so you're basically saying it won't be like the Houston Rockets'..." and they started laughing.

Interesting side-note in that interview. Apparently whatever the Rockets select, the color "black" won't be a basis for the uniform as apparently the NBA league offices won't allow any more uni's with that color.

Ah yes, can't wait for a change myself.

------------------
    "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." -- Brian Williams (now Bison Dele) commenting on Isiah Thomas.

14. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

where is the new arena being built? have they started building it?

------------------

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It is being built downtown with basically ground zero (center court) being the intersection of Crawford and Clay. That is about 2 blocks southwest of the George R. Brown Convention Center and about 7 blocks southwest of Enron Field.

Groundbreaking is scheduled for late July.

You can see renderings and the map location of the arena at the Sports Authority website...

http://www.hchsa.org/arenagallery.htm

------------------
    The internet is about the free exchange and sale of other people's ideas. - Futurama

16. UofTOrange

I would take just about any other jersey in the league over the pajamas we have. They are just wearing on my nerves. Maybe I could stand them if I was 5, but they are just too much. Maybe we could hold our own logo contest. What do y'all think?

------------------

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i wouldn't take the suns.

------------------

18. UofTOrange

Good point, that's why I put Just about, to cover myself....
    I wouldn't take Golden States either.

------------------

19. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Silver and Blue would be cool.

------------------

I have seen much of the rest of the web. It is brutal and cruel and dark. CC.net is the light.

20. raww

raww Member

[​IMG]

This would be cool....

I post this pic everytime someone mentions "...change the uniforms!!!"

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.