1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Update on Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by mikeyharris, Nov 18, 2009.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

November 17, 2009

MCALLEN, TEXAS - The NBA Development League Rio Grande Valley Vipers announced today that their training camp roster is down to 12 NBA Development League players following cuts of guards Cliff Clinkscales and Antoine Hood and forward Rashad Woods. Additionally, the Vipers waived guard Jamarcus Ellis and forward DeAngelo Alexander due to injury.

The Vipers will have a roster of guards Antonio Anderson, Kenny Dawkins, Henry Dugat, Garrett Temple and Jonathan Wallace, swing-men Stanley Asumnu and Ernest Scott, forwards Mike Harris, Haminn Quaintance and Julian Sensley and centers Mickell Gladness and Kurt Looby for their exhibition game against the Austin Toros on Saturday at 7:00 p.m. at the South Padre Island Convention Center.

Houston Rockets-assignee forward/center Joey Dorsey, who does not count against the roster limit, will also be on the roster for the pre-season contest.

The Vipers have until 4:00 p.m. on November 25 to get their roster down to 10 NBA Development League players, not including Dorsey.

The Vipers open the regular season on November 27 at 7:30 p.m. in Austin.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/riograndevalley/cuts111809.html

I'm hoping that neither Anderson, Temple or Harris are cut. Anderson was our first round pick so I imagine he won't. Temple was on our summer league roster and was one of the last cuts so I imagine he won't. Harris shouldn't. Hes a solid player who just has a problem cause he is 6-6. I also don't understand why Jermaine Taylor hasn't been assigned to the DLeague. Obviously, he isn't getting play time in Houston and he needs to work on his game. This is exactly what the DLeague is for. For young players who don't get to play, to play and develop.

1 person likes this.
  2. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Antonio Anderson? He wasn't drafted according to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Anderson

3. The Drake

The Drake Member

I think OP means the D-League draft.

anyhow, thanks for the update...now that I'm in Austin I might have to catch a Toros game or two, especially when Rio Grande is in town.

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

How about sending Mcgrady to the NBDL? :grin:

5. FR0497

FR0497 Member

How about keeping his name out of every thread that has nothing to do with him?

2 people like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is really a great idea. I can't believe they don't allow it in special circumstances.

7. No No Mutombo

No No Mutombo Member

Where's Will Conroy @?

8. 1individual

1individual Member

+ 1 for this guy.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Jermaine won't be sent down until either T-Mac returns or another veteran guard is signed by the Rockets.

While he doesn't play regular minutes, he is the ONLY guard on the Rockets' bench outside of the rotation. If there were an additional injury (as happened to Chase before the Lakers game), then Adelman would need to have Taylor on the bench as insurance. In the Lakers game, Adelman had to play both Battier and Ariza major minutes, and they just ran out of gas in the fourth quarter.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm aware of that,but he isn't much of an insurance when he is on the court.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I am the Viper. I have come to vash your vindows.

12. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

ditto!!! :grin:

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

why not, that will really give him a pretty good lesson.

14. spankyou

spankyou Member

Keeping Taylor on the roster not only serves as a back up when one of our guys go down, but also to keep brooks and lowry motivated. If the scouting reports are true, Taylor should be capable of playing at high level with them during scrimmages, Taylor's there too keep them focused and competitive every day, each benefiting from one another.