1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Smith: I've been watching and mimicking DMo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It was in the interview he did with Chris Broussard at the end of the game, which starts at around the 4:30 mark of the highlight video first posted in the game thred:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h7wEfFVXix4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9468020&postcount=1108

I wonder when Josh is gonna start talking about wolves and eagles and other forest animals.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

4:51 "Watching Dmo in front of me and mimicing what he is doing."

Sounds like Josh has accepted his bench role. That is a good sign.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"Our ceiling is through the roof."

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  4. rockpileindisma

It's going to be I interesting when jones gets back

5. MattM

MattM Member

We have each other's best efforts

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Thanks goodness. I was wondering if they had him watch some film. All he really needs to do is pop in some tape of TJ since they have a few similar attributes and he SHOULD be able to get the same type of opportunities within the offense if he learns where to be. Watching how D. Mo operates in the offense without the ball should certainly help him out tremendously as well. He has been looking surprisingly good. Hopefully this is the beginning of something great.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like that Smith and Howard have a longterm friendship that enables them to push each other to improve.

The risky part is that they are both going to have to push each other.

And mostly this team just needs to learn to shoot.

8. CertifiedTroll

I really really really hope he keeps having this approach to the game. Keep learning from DMo!

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Unwittingly deep Josh Smith.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

Well obviously. Since D-Mo is the White Hakeem and all.

:cool::grin::cool:

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

and when it really comes down to it, this is what matters most. all this talk of "terrible play" and "not running any sets" and "unintelligent players/coach" are completely negated if guys like ariza and bev simply make the open looks they get. i'd throw smith in there but he's shooting 59%... the only area he really needs to improve (desperately) is the ft line.

ariza gets like 5-6 OPEN looks at 3's every game and last year he hit those at a 40+% clip... if he's even hitting them at 35% we probably have 3 more W's in the win column.

our offense isn't always pretty but for all this talk of terrible shots and no discipline our offense - more often than not - finds the open player (or goes to the paint).

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed completely. I said it in another thread. All those stats that say we are a bad offense would flip to saying we were a good offense if Ariza simply hit his shots at the rate he did last year.

Now, that may not be possible, but Ariza bricking 3s is the single biggest problem with our offense right now. I don't care how many steals he gets either, he can't make up for 10 missed three pointers a night with 2 steals.

The Ariza missed 3s are the reason we have to fight for so many wins. You look through the box scores of our losses and you will see things like 3/11, 2/9/ 5/16, 1/7, etc. If you turn two of those misses into makes (by him or a pass to someone else that WILL make them) and you turn wins into losses and close games into easy wins.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol repped

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

So are you saying that DMO is in fact the white (Lithuanian) Hakeem Olajuwon after all?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The ceiling quote is legendary.

And it was followed by: "It's unattainable on what we can do."

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"it's unattainable on what we can do" - Josh Smith

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

If he focuses on this then our team will be elite. DMo is constantly setting picks for the ball handler and back picks off the ball. If Josh does the same we'll be looking very good.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Some idiot member said that if D-Mo could become a white version of Dream if he had 2 seasons to work on his game. I hope for his children's sake that he is trolling, because no one that stupid should be allowed to contribute to the gene pool.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

At least now we know the true identity of YoYao.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Somebody go ahead and start the Josh Smith Philosoraptor meme.

1 person likes this.