1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Top 10 Stat Lines of 2012-2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jet036, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Jet036

Jet036 Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/07/27/top-10-stat-lines-of-2012-13/?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

Pisses me off that they have Lebron at #1. 40-16-8 is definitely a top 5/10 performance but it doesn't deserve #1 (considering some of the others). The media and NBA want to have a new MJ and are just trying too hard to be sensationalist. I mean Lebron is obviously hands down the best player in the NBA anyway. They don't have to go out of their way EVERYTIME to make sure Lebron is ALWAYS #1 on EVERY list. So annoying.

2. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Yeah that might not have even been his best game. Ho-hum stats for LeBron.

3. nolimitnp

You can't forget this is a business too. Would it surprise you if he was taking a PED? Strange baseball gets all the steroid hype when its clearly done in basketball and football.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Not really, for one the NBA seems to be more of a red-headed step child among those three. Moreover, the players seem alot more naturally cut and lean, more so than those bulky home-run hitters or stocky NFL players. I'm not saying they cannot be users or great degree of them are not, but still basketball tends to require alot higher degree of skill for one to be successful than some of the other team sports. LeBron James is such an easy target, but he does not seem overly mature for his size ... some people are just naturally gifted or well-endowed.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No mention of Harden's game against the Thunder?

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Seriously? Against the Kings? That's the #1 stat? I mean, I can understand if he put that up against the Spurs or the Pacers. But seriously? The Kings?

To me, Noah's 23-21-11 blocks was definitely the most amazing. Double digit blocks in general are just ridiculous. But he also was 8-12 from the field for efficient scoring, and 8 offensive rebounds so he wasn't taking away boards from teammates either.

7. nolimitnp

Well when people think PED they automatically think muscle mass, strength, and endurance. A PED could also be used to help the body recover faster from game to game or speed along the healing process of an injury. We're constantly seeing reports of X player will be out 4-6 weeks, yet comes back in 3 like he never missed a game.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Seriously, I believe that game was this season's GameScore record. He had 46 points on 19 freakin' shots against the best team in the West in a comeback win.

9. nolimitnp

I don't want to turn this into a steroid debate, but can you name anyone from football or basketball that has tested positive off the top of your head? If you keep up with baseball at all, you can name 10 easy. I'm not saying it's as prevalent in basketball or football, but to believe no one is taking them is very naive.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Football players get popped all the time. It is just that no one cares. They take their four games and just move on.

What if Ryan Braun had said oops I just overtrained. No one even seems to talk much about cushing getting popped.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Considering a 40-16-8 has never happened, yea. . . It's pretty impressive

12. nolimitnp

The Rockets team box score against the Warriors. It doesn't say individual :p

Off topic, again, but Olajuwon 29 points, 18 rebounds, 10 assists, 11 blocks, 5 steals, 0 turnovers.:grin::grin:

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Actually if you make it 40 points and 15 assists it has happened 7 time. Lebron is the only guy to do it twice. The other time he had 13 rebounds.

14. elindio23

elindio23 Member

Wasn't there an issue with one of the assists? They originally didn't credit him with it or something

15. Fefo

Fefo Member

Noah is probably the most impresive, but curry was also ridicously. 54 points on 11-13 3point shooting, thats sick. Also Harden is missing there, and lebron had no bussiness being number 1. The media is really trying to sell stuff and i hate that.

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Noah's should have been 1

17. QazQay

QazQay Member

The NBA doesn't even blood test though. They have no test for steroids or HGH.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

40, 16, 8 has never happened before in the history of the NBA. Not even Jordan did that.

19. NotChandlerParsons

OJ Mayo and Hedo Turkoglu and...okay you got me

I think they're starting to test for HGH this offseason.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

My fantasy league mouth is juicing right now at those stats :eek: