1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your favorite way to cook the Thanksgiving turkey?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Favorite way to cook the thanksgiving bird?

1. roasting

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. smoking

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. frying

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Actually my girlfriend's father has his own garden as does my mother's bf and many other family members so most of my veggies come from homegrown gardens. :)

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Or you could go with non-GMO, organic pesticide-free fruits and vegetables. :)

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Just curious if anyone is doing anything adventurous this year? love to hear cooking stories.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I've deep fried a turkey for the past 7 or 8 years and it is always the most requested bird - and this coming from a family that does all 3 for thanksgiving. I cheated this year and switched to a large electric fryer bc it's so much easier and both turkeys came out great.

That said a smoked turkey from a seasoned BBQ vet is always top notch. Love a good home smoked turkey.