1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Ruling blocks Anna Nicole Smith from fortune

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/2971569

Dec. 30, 2004, 5:27PM

LOS ANGELES — A federal appeals court today threw out a judge's ruling that awarded $88.5 million to former Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith from the estate of her late husband, a Houston oil tycoon who died at age 90 just over a year after they wed.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a Texas probate court's decision that the oilman's son was his sole heir should stand. The appeals court said the federal judge in California who ruled in Smith's favor in 2002 should never have even heard the case.

The decision comes after years of wrangling in three courts over the fortune of J. Howard Marshall II.

Smith met him in 1991 when she was working as a stripper. The couple married three years later when she was 26 and he was 89.

"After nine years of litigation, I'm very pleased by the judgment issued by the 9th Circuit upholding my father's wishes regarding disposition of his assets," E. Pierce Marshall said in a statement.

A call to Smith's attorney was not immediately returned.

-------------------------------

She better start campaigning more TrimSpa...

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

Wow I hope my dying wishes are ignored and my will thrown into the garbage by lawyers

3. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I betcha stock in certain prescription drug companies plummetted.

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

If he really wanted to give her his estate, he couldve used trusts not wills. He probably realized the will would be contested and both parties would expend time, energy, and expense to get his fortune. He's probably laughing from his grave right now.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nah, he is pissed that JVG can't figure out how to take a team with Tmac and Yao and get them over .500.

DD

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

no kidding. very discouraging.

7. padgett316

padgett316 Contributing Member

I thought her name was not mentioned in his will and only in alleged verbal promises by the deceased.

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

And so begins the hard core p*rnography career of one Anna Nicole Smith.......

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I feel u guys
    Golddigging is something that should be encouraged

Rocket River