1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Adelman Keep Yao in the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nycundaground, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I don't know if this could be the reason, but why did adelman keep Yao in the game late in the 4th quarter after seeing him limp around?

Could it have initially been a ankle sprain and the more time he spent out there limping around caused a hairline fracture?

Once I saw Yao limping around like a crazy person, i was yelling for him to get out of the game.

Why did Adelman intend to keep him in the game?

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yao knew he was done for the season... he wouldn't let Adelman take him out initially. Just wanted to savor the moment, you could tell he was almost in tears on the bench.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It was an important game, and Yao insisted on staying on the court. It's not Adelman's job to make medical decisions. If Yao should not have been playing, then the Rockets trainer should have stepped in and said so.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Yao wanted to be in there, he is SUCH a great guy...we are lucky to have him.

Next year though, I really want them to design some new shoes with UBER sponges in the bottoms of them...we need CODDLED feet....for Yao.

DD

5. ibm

ibm Member

i know it's pointless, but sometimes i can't help but think that had yao not twisted his ankle and had he hit those important shots in the 3rd quarter, would we have won game 3?

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

1. Yao himself wanted.

2. Adelman has dedicated his whole life to beat PJ's team!

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we would have won had yao not played at all. he blew so many layups and caused so many turnovers and pau gasol destroyed him.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

you are an idiot.

that is all

9. snowmike

snowmike Member

You have no idea what you are talking about :confused:

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It doesn't matter right now.
    He wouldn't heal if he got out early...

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldnt put the blame on the trainer (i cant tell if you that's what you truly mean), that's why a lot of fans start blaming the med staff for all of our injuries. Yao didn't even let Jones check him out, didnt let Adelman take him out. That's when it becomes the face of the franchise (not expendable) VS the coach/staff (expendable). Jones can't be sure what the problem really is if Yao doesnt allow himto remove his shoe/socks. Adelman could have still taken him out though, but it's still not an easy choice in such an important game when your franchise guy is saying he's not coming out.

It just goes back to Yao not wanting to let people down. That's his story, it's hard to fault him for it, but it's the cause. If it's not his country, it's the rockets. It's a year round job for him.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

As I understand it, a stress fracture happens gradually. If so, shouldn't they have discovered this during a regular check up? If they aren't checking Yao's feet for full recovery from his last foot injury and status of possible new injuries, that's a problem with the medical staff. They need to put in weekly checkups of the feet for Yao and the back for T-Mac. We already know there is a weakness there.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not necessarily. The fracture could have happened little by little, or could have happened with one quick powerful twist/movement. It's still possible that it happened during an ankle twist during game 3 and therefore wouldn't have shown up on an MRI or xray prior to that. thecnically its a hairline fracture, not stress...i think fans ran with stress fracture since that's wha the had before and everyone wants to believe he gets hurt from playing too much, which could still be one of the causes, but it looks like this one was caused by twisting his foot/ankle.

14. bobliu683

bobliu683 Member

Completely agree! :mad:

15. kryten128

kryten128 Member

the world would have been better had shortfuse3 never been born. you blew so many good threads with your hateful posts that your momma wished she had destroyed you.

1 person likes this.
  16. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

we all can understand why adelman kept Yao staying in the court. Yao's character has been demostrated that he never says giving up in the game even when he realizes his injury. as long as the team and the coach needs his contribution, he wii be dedicated to it without any complain. another reason is that maybe adelman wanted to transmit a spirit of never giving up in such difficult situation to each player in the court and also to the opponent fakers. Yao should become more clever with his injury in the future,any little injury should be told to his coach so that they can avoid the great injury during the season, or else it is really a hit to persons who cares of rockets. Yao should have more rest this sunmer,and another question is that whether Morey will be able to search for a backup C for Yao through some wise trade.

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Why this idiot shortfuse3 has not been banned is more idiotic to me.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

With idiotic posts like that, you should be getting ready to change your name again.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

If we would of won game 3, it would of hurt so much, but since we lost it, it doesnt hurt that much

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Yao needs to get an adamantium skeleton, like Wolverine.