1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McAllister may have torn ACL in loss to Titans

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Luckyazn, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

link

McAllister may have torn ACL in loss to Titans

Updated: September 25, 2007, 1:25 AM ET

The reeling New Orleans Saints may have lost much more than a game on Monday.

Two Saints sources told ESPN's Ed Werder after the 31-14 loss to the Tennessee Titans that the preliminary diagnosis on running back Deuce McAllister is that he has a torn ACL in his left knee and will likely miss the remainder of the season.

An MRI is scheduled for Tuesday to confirm that diagnosis. Officially, the Saints say only that McAllister has a left knee injury and will have an MRI.

McAllister limped off after catching a 1-yard pass and going down awkwardly with about 8 minutes left in the half. He was checked out on the sideline, then headed off for further treatment. He didn't return to the game.

Later in the second quarter, Titans quarterback Vince Young took a hard shot from Saints end Will Smith after delivering a pass. The second-year quarterback flexed his right wrist on the sideline and wound up heading to the locker room in the final minute, but he was OK.

After Kerry Collins played the last series of the half for the Titans, Young was back at the start of the third quarter. Tennessee led 10-7.

At the time of his injury, Young had completed 9-of-16 passes for 125 yards, including a 35-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Jones. He finished 14-of-22 for 164 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception.

McAllister finished with 5 yards on four carries, and Reggie Bush managed only 15 yards. The Saints struggled to 34 yards on the ground while falling to 0-3.

McAllister rushed for 1,057 yards and 10 touchdowns last season as New Orleans made it to the NFC Championship Game before losing to the Chicago Bears.

I guess we'll really get to see how Bush is being the more focal back now...

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I guess we're about to find out if Bush is a bust or not in the upcoming weeks.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Damn it, I picked him up in a fantasy league because I thought they were going to start going to him more. :mad:

Honestly though, I hope it's not the last thing I want is anybody being injured.

4. WWR

WWR Member

God should have made knees better.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

is that the same knee he injured a few seasons ago?