1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets agree to let Royce White be bussed to some games, pending league approval

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Apparently they worked out a deal its just pending league approval

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Thanks for making the thread

5. ling ling

ling ling Member

If he plays for rgv then it wouldn't be a problem at all since they bus to all games.

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I'm only concerned with the example he's bringing up, i.e. 2 hour flight vs 8 hour drive or something. I think something can be said for having time to settle down in a hotel or city when you're a rookie getting used to the constant travel, and missing out on chances to bond with teammates and such because the Rockets seem like a more tightly-knit group than some NBA teams.

7. RocketDevil

RocketDevil Member

Now they need a bus driver. Maybe Jeff Van Gundy. I've seen film indicating that he has experience.

1 person likes this.
  8. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

glad this is worked out and hopefully Royce can rejoin the team before monday. The only thing that im concerned with this arrangement is how he will be able to make all of the practices, and walkthroughs in between games that are back to back with travel, or 1 off day. also I wonder if this will affect chemistry for him and his teammates. We will c I suppose.

I really love Royce as a player and a person, but I feel like this is something that shouldve been worked out as soon as the schedule came out, so he could still report to camp on time. missing camp is greatly hurting his chances of being in the rotation.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I wouldn't be surprised if they denied it. I wonder if the geographical advantage Houston has will play a role in them denying it? I mean, it's not like he could've had the same set up in, say, Portland or Salt Lake City.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

really? good choice of words ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if he's not going to be on the active roster anyways then perhaps the easiest solution is to just pay him lip service for a few weeks and then send him on his way to the d-league

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

dat compromise.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think he'll miss out THAT many bonding moments with his teammate.

He's going through a completely new life style with cameras constantly pointing at him. He would need time to adjust, and traveling on buses is a good start. He isn't missing all travels by air, only some. He could slowly integrate more and more air travel as he gets used to the constant traveling. Eventually, hopefully, eliminating the need for a bus all together.

Of course, the issue is terribly handled by both sides, but I think they will learn from their mistakes and continue from there.

1 person likes this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said Morey only viewed them as Assets?

Good guy Morey

15. RockSC

RockSC Member

Hope things will work out for White. He's extremely talented.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

"They knew when they drafted me there was a fear of flying. . . . There's no reason why it has to keep me from being successful on the court. There's definitely no reason why it should be allowed to keep me from being healthy and I think that that's the main point."

I believe this, in the legal field, is what is known as a Statement Against Interest.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Looks like good news, but I don't like that Royce White said this:

[rquoter]They've been stellar and what they pretty much are saying is that they don't care how I get to the games as long as I get to the games.[/rquoter]

The way he's putting it, he'd be justified later on in demanding that the Rockets allow him to travel to all the games however he sees fit. That's not what this compromise is about.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now we need to throw somebody under that bus.

19. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Lebron.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What about getting to practices?