1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

What does he do? I am so curious how he survived the McHale firing? I can buy giving young Bernie a shot to see if he can step up. JB turns things around and you keep him. What if he doesn't? You don't replace Bickerstaff with Finch. You can't.

We should have an offense crafted around Harden and Howard by now. read and react my ass. Little Bernie bear will probably turn around the defense and the effort but this offensive crap must go. How many critical indicators of a terrible and unsustainable offense must we see. Free throws, turnovers, shooting %. Two of the three of those pointing to poor shot selection and/or an offense that doesn't deliver good shots.

God gave Chris Finch a sober Ty Lawson and Chris Finch ruined him. I wish Morey would have our video coordinator watch other teams and just make a video of successful plays. Just run those.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

I remember when we got rid of Adelman and the board was screaming that Chris Finch was the coach of the future. X's and O's wizard.

3. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Nice, more scapegoats not named Harden.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well that's what we get for having a guy who looks just like Jeff Daniels run our offense.

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm not so sure that the board was screaming that or that it was just a few people.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he finches things within an inch

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We need an EAGLE not a FINCH!

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

You tellin me J.B. doesn't stand for Junior Bernie?

[​IMG]

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

This "move" really puts Finch in a predicament. If JB turns it around, which seems very unlikely, then he gets the job and Finch is out.

On the the hand, if JB proves he isn't the man as seems very likely, then Finch's offense will be blamed and he will be out.

Finch is in a no win situation, whether he knows it or not.

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

Finch is a morey move, which Im not a fan of, morey wants puppets, he doesnt know basketball. Just count your numbers, this is a horrific realization. Do something to morey Les.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, it was said that Morey (or whoever he answered to) wanted to groom Finch as our future HC. He told Adelman if he would do that, instead of using his own assistants, he could stay for another contract. Adelman (and any self-respecting coach) would have none of that nonsense.

So when McHale was hired, I kept asking what McHale was supposed to do if they wanted Finch to be the future guy. None of the Morey apologists gave me a satisfactory answer.

1 person likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

i forgot that he was still with the organization. it's who i wanted to replace the fuhrer when he was exiled to iceland wastelands of minneysotta.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When he was hired he was suppose to be the Heir Apparent
    I wondered what had happened to that

Rocket River

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ahhh. When I use to be a delusional homer. Those were my days. I didn't like Rick cause he wouldn't play Squid. Morey just kept tweaking the roster without Ricks consent. Rick and Morey never saw eye to eye and rightfully so.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... Morey never said he was grooming him the future head coach. He wanted Finch on the staff... And a number of GM's have added assistants or had say on the coaching staff.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Without Adelman's consent? He is the GM, he didn't need Adelman's consent.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

WAIT? Who makes the offense, JB or Chris Finch?

18. Nook

Nook Member

Huh? If JB does well, Finch isn't out of a job. He is the Rockets top assistant coach. If JB fails, Finch will end up doing what happens to assistants on bad teams... He will look for another assistant job.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Finch works on the offense, he was promoted when McHale was fired.

Obviously Bickerstaff is the HC but Finch is specifically there to work on the offense.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im sorry. I was under the impression that every organization ran it like BufoRd and Popovich. Where every move is discussed among the 2. But you're right, that's why we are in this deep hole.