1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gunmen Shoot 5 at Minneapolis BLM protest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm still waiting for your links to this constant misconstruing and adding on to people's posts. of course, attempting to cite the same very quotes from this thread you've already been going in semantic circles around doesn't quite fit the bill in the least.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm still waiting on a link to your quote. Was it before your username change? Must have been. I don't remember ever typing that stuff.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, really.

You have no evidence whatsoever that the guys that the crowd decided to attack were actually white supremacists other than the fact that they had light colored skin and were covering their faces.....you do realize that right?

As to them showing up in bullet proof vests, sounds like a good idea given that they were going to be filming near a demonstration put on by a violent racist organization.....one that ended up attacking them.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What? You think all poor people should be euthanize? Please stop spouting your eugenics ideas and get back to star trek. I would prefer a TNG version. Perhaps a La Forge heavy story.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

You cannot judge whether they were white supremacists or not cause you don't have enough information, but you're totally willing to judge a lot of other aspects of this case without enough information.

Par for course, I guess.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm still waiting on those links of me constantly misconstruing and adding imaginative ideas to people's posts here. Methinks that after several requests for you to back up your accusation here, you might not actually deliver now. Perhaps DHL yellows and UPS browns are just more reliable than the FedEx white vans..

1 person likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no evidence that they were white supremacists other than the fact that they had light colored skin and were covering their faces......which isn't really evidence. Also, how many Hispanic white supremacists are there? You do realize that one of them was Hispanic right?

Obviously we'll find out more as the story develops but what we do know is that they were attacked near a demonstration by a violent racist group...if a group of dark skinned men were attacked by a crowd of people at a demonstration put on by a violent racist group, what would be the assumption?

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Witnesses say the white guys were taunting them by saying racist things. I think we can assume they were white supremacists. This seems like a moot point to argue.

Hispanics are technically white, as classified by the US Census. It's very silly and I don't fully understand it, but they break it down by ethnicity and race. Ethnicity comprises of Hispanic/Latino or Not Hispanic/Latino. Race is broken down to White, Black, Asian, Native American/Alaskan, and Pacific Islander/Hawaiian. Although, when people naturally think about it, they typically think whites as Caucasian whites and are different than Hispanics.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see how it turns out, but even if that happens to be the case, when a large group attacks a few people, they have the right to defend themselves. I was just saying that there isn't really any evidence that they were and all I've heard is that the crowd thought they were due to their skin color and what they were wearing. If they were actually saying racist things, then that would be some evidence that they might be members of a rival violent racist group which would make the crowd attacking them at least a little bit better. Opposing violent racist groups fighting each other isn't anything new. Still self-defense though.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, no not really.

Can you disprove anything that the witnesses have said other than spew out your own assumptions without any proof?

I'm not assuming anything, I just linked you two articles that strongly suggested that no. No they weren't there just to hang out like you assumed.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only "witnesses" I've heard on the subject have said that the crowd attacked the shooters because they thought they were white supremacists due to them covering their faces and that if they took the ski-mask off they wouldn't have been attacked. I have no reason to doubt that is what happened.

The only thing I'm saying is what eyewitnesses have said along with pointing out the obvious, that the BLM organizers are violent racists with ties to violent racist organizations so it isn't a surprise when violence happens at one of their events.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well you've clearly ignored my previous posts with links to more information about the story and are showing no will to look deeper into it. You've made up your mind as to what happened and don't seem to care about what actually did happen. If it doesn't fit your narrative of "Two white guys were attacked by racist black mob." you just tune it out.

I'm not saying their side of the story is wrong btw.

Also can you please quit with the BLM are racist thing? You seem to want to say it enough and think that if you do you'll make it true? You do realize that white people protest with them right? Also, it's just some loose thing. Part of the problem with it is that anyone can pick up a sign and be apart of "BLM"

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do realize that white people protest with them as well, I just don't see how that changes anything.

Anyway, you can keep trying to deny that the BLM movement isn't racist but that's just ignoring the people who founded it and those who are organizers and leaders in it.

If a group of black men were assaulted while standing near a demonstration put on by a group founded by former KKK members, you'd probably have a different take on what happened.....even if that group sometimes had black people going along with it.

As to what actually happened, I don't think either of us know right now other than the fact that we know people from the crowd assaulted them and they tried to run away and were chased before they opened fire. We know that happened.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Awww, I was looking forward to seeing the Asian looking fanatic in custody.

The article made it sound like the protestors were being pretty damn annoying. I guess they were finally being noticed in the wrong way...

This is good news and I hope the situation continues to deescalate rather than the resumption of the Wild Wild West with some fervent race for firearms in the event the other cowboy is itchin to shoot first.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As I've had this argument with you before, it's about intent. The intent of the KKK is to bring back segregation and jim crow laws. The intent of the BLM group is to stop police abuse. If their intent was as racial as you suggest, white people would not be involved with it at all. Just as you don't see black people protesting with the KKK.

As for BLM and their leaders. They aren't actually leading anything. This is to suggest that every person that has protested BLM has received orders/guidance/directive from some leader. They created a hashtag that everyone has decided to run with. If no one created the hashtag people would still be protesting with another slogan. Your implication that it is a racist group suggests that everyone that protests in favor of it is racist.

This would be like saying that all Trump supporters are racist. No, not even I believe that.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Excellent post. Much needed around these parts.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There were white people that supported the Black Panthers back when they were first founded, why would it surprise anyone that there are white people that support this version of the same racist hate group?

I don't believe that every single person that shows up to a BLM event is a racist, some people just like vandalism and looting, some just like causing trouble, and some are just foolish enough to think that the intent of the events are positive. You would find the same people at all sorts of events.

The people who organize the events however, that's a different story. I know you buy into their propaganda that they are just trying to stop police brutality, but that's like believing that the KKK's intent was to stop crime or something stupid they might use as an excuse.

The people who started the BLM movement are racists who promote violence, the people who are leaders in the BLM movement are racists who promote violence, the organizers who put on BLM movement events are racists who promote violence. Of course that doesn't mean that literally everyone who shows up for their events are racists who promote violence, but as you'd expect there will be a lot of them.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYtf2Wiqf-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"STAY WHITE!" brah...

The fact that you can make an analogy between BLM and the KKK who have explicitly murdered blacks people just because they were Black is part of why you are a pure nutcase. What made you like this? I can't day war since you never fought in one. Is it your parents? Were you raised like this?

#139 fchowd0311, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/146864558" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="https://vimeo.com/146864558">THE REAL STORY | 5 Black Lives Matter &quot;Activist&quot; Shot at Minneapolis Protest</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user40964281">OpBlack2Light</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>