1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RHU525, Nov 19, 2015.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Doesn't absolve the flagrants though. That's my main beef.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes, it's been pretty obvious to me. It's way too consistent so far. The Rockets need to start sending in tape regularly until it stops. If the refs aren't changing, it could potentially be that they're profiting from bad calls.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I've been at every home game this year. The officiating matters. The Rockets can't get into any sort of a groove when they're playing 48 seconds of defense on one end of the court, and very frequently having their offensive sets interrupted by ticky tack calls on the opposing squad. There were points in the Boston game where the refs were whistling calls on Boston that weren't there and just took away the crowd and rhythm on offense. Basically, the officiating has stifled the flow of the game, and has been terribly one-sided. I've never seen a team be so disrespected on their home court. Terrible flagrant foul calls, and charges, and generally not calling the game equally for both sides. Dwight gets called for a flagrant hitting McCollum's(?) arm as he goes up, but he gets pushed right in the stomach going up for a dunk and gets hung on the rim, and its a no call. Difference there is that Dwight took a foul and made a play on the ball, but when Dwight gets pushed in the stomach in mid air, they don't call anything.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same as always. Dwight gets screwed cuz of his reputation. James gets screwed sometimes because the refs don't like that he's trying to trick them. So as I see it it's same as it ever was.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I haven't really had a problem with the fouls, some calls go our way, some don't.

I do have a problem with some of the ridiculous flagrant fouls we have been called for. Dwight in particular gets called for hard contact of any kind.