1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBS Sports] NBA Offseason Report: Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ParaSolid, Jul 27, 2015.

1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-did-rockets-vault-into-legit-title-contender

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Everyone seems to forgot Marcus Thorton. I think he'll have a solid season for us.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah I noticed that too. Not many analysts out there are commenting on the Thornton signing. Even cap nerds like Nathan Duncan of Dunc'd On seem to have overlooked it.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. gah

gah Member

Had to look up who the writer was and found out he's the creator of hardwood paroxysm. He has paid attention to our team, it was a good read.

6. baubo

baubo Member

Thornton has always been good enough not to get hated, and bad enough not to be praised. He’s the definition of just another player.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Everybody also seems to forget his name is ThorNton, not Thorton.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Guilty.

9. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Geez, reading some of the comments gave me an aneurysm. So many dumb fans

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't see Thornton as a significant pick up either. Just another player.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He can create his own shot and is a solid 3 point shooter. Good scorer off the bench IMO.

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This one was a major gem:
    So many things........... where would we even begin? lmao.

Gotta love general comment sections.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I thought he was a really good pick up at first too, and, for the minimum he certainly is. But, I don't see him getting much playing time now that the Rockets resigned KJ and brought in Lawson. I have to think you'll see Lawson always be the main ball handler when James is sitting (which is where I was thinking Thornton might fit in role wise), and then, looking at minutes, I have to think he is behind a lot of people in the SG depth chart -- including Harden, Brewer, KJ and 2 point guard lineups that feature both Lawson and Beverley.

So, while I think Thornton is a good fit on the Rockets and that he is a good player still, I don't see him getting into the rotation.

Dude in the article should have mentioned him though. Come on, the Bayou Bomber is in the Bayou City -- spread the love CBS sports

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Whenever something on clutchfans annoys me a bit, I just go to ESPN comments and read and realize what a beautiful thing we have here on this forum.

1 person likes this.
  16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The west is too tight to make any predictions. So many elite teams on the same level. If we were in the east it'd be an easy conference finals appearance. I thought it was a fair take.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

If Terrance Jones can improve his interior defense we will be in the conference finals again.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I doubt Thornton is behind KJ on the depth chart. KJ's skillset overlaps with players who are clearly ahead of him (Trevor and Corey) while, outside of Harden, Thornton is easily the best pure scorer on the roster. That's something this team has desperately needed, much more so than another offensively challenged perimeter defender.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For some reason, sports journalists are always hesitant in calling the Rockets 'true contenders' through the years. We made it to the ****ing WCF last year and won 56 games with our second best player missing half the season. Now we added a top ten pg and it's still debatable that we are 'true contenders'? What a ****ing joke.

#19 fchowd0311, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  20. photojoe

photojoe Member

Every time I read general comment sections, on any site ever, I feel like I get dumber.