1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign KJ McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AFS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. AFS

AFS Member

UPDATE: Blog post...

Rockets bring back K.J. McDaniels on a three-year deal
    http://rockets.clutchfans.net/9006/rockets-sign-kj-mcdaniels-three-year-deal/

<HR>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: K.J. McDaniels signed a 3 year deal worth $10 million with the Houston Rockets. Player option for 3rd year.</p>&mdash; Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakePavorsky/status/622825844415852544">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice deal if true. We get him for $3m or so for the next 2 years, and if he breaks out we'll have full bird rights.

3. malakas

malakas Member

NICE! I hope it's true and it's finally over!
    Also I owe someone a bet. lol

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's what he should be paid, I'm glad we didn't have to overpay for an unproven player. Chuck Hayes come on down lol.

5. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Has that guy ever been right? And is Morey really handing out player options to second year players now? That doesn't seem like Morey's MO at all.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! If he turns out to be as good as many of us are hoping he will be, given experience and minutes, then like NIKEstrad said, this will turn out to be a terrific deal. Leaves us able to sign Harrell to a nice deal, as well. That's assuming Morey doesn't have other plans for the remainder of the MLE, which I doubt.

(thank goodness I can edit - just had to fix 3 or 4 things!)

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I would be shocked if we gave him a player option.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

And I also don't know that this guy has ever been right

9. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think libertyballers is reliable but that guy from a quick glance at his profile seems to have some connection to sixers.
    The player option could be what made the number possible.
    If he chooses to opt out he will still be rfa but his max will be the normal rookie max and with the new cap rise. Not so bad for him. A balance of security and betting on himself.
    IF it's true.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

All good.

Nice, if true. My friend who's a Sixers fan will be sick over this. Heh.

11. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

@JakePavorsky: Source: K.J. McDaniels signed a 3 year deal worth $10 million with the Houston Rockets. Player option for 3rd year.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Agree with you guys that a 3rd year player option doesn't sound like Morey at all. We'll see.

13. malakas

malakas Member

It's been 40 minutes since he posted this. But not a national writer has picked this up , even though KJ is one of the best remaining rfa.
    If it's true confirmation should come soon from a reliable source (should have by now but let's wait).

14. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Has this guy ever been right?

16. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Confirmed by JR or it didn't happen... lmao....

That being said, I hope it turns out to be correct. Would not be a bad deal.

Also, I still would prefer to have JSmoove to KJ (at this particular moment in time). I hope KJ proves to be worth it.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol Morey steals another one!

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Lol people were saying KJ gets 8 million. I like the contract but he's still unproven.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Agent Jason Martin confirms KJ McDaniels reached agreement w/ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>. According to NBA sources deal is for 3 years/$10 million. No option</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/622836136625319936">July 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>