1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign KJ McDaniels

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AFS, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Okay??

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't believe I'm saying this (maybe it's lack of sleep/post vacation lunacy), but so would I. He's 24 freakin' years old, rebounds like a madman, defends, blocks shots, steals, an excellent passer, scores, and (wait for it) hits his free throws, among other things. Sure, he's a bit of a flake, but so is Dwight (in a good way, in Howard's case. I like Dwight!), and without all those years playing and the health issues.

Yeah, I'd strongly consider it. Ain't happening, but I'd clap if it did. I can't imagine the Kings moving him for less than a king's ransom, and why would they? He's locked up for the next 3 seasons, unless he can opt out, which I don't know, Sham Sports being "down" at the moment. But why would the Kings move them, unless they're simply crazy? And to keep this on topic, it would be a trip watching the cat play with KJ.

#322 Deckard, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, I, too, during these summer doldrums, have thought along these lines: trading Howard and getting Boogie Cousins on the Rockets. The dude has so many skills; but being a flake (good word, Deck; very apt) on that dysfunctional team hasn't been the best of marriages.

Will it happen? No, highly unlikely. You'd need a third team for Dwight, a team where he'd stay, and some high-value assets for Sacramento. Plus we did all that dancing with Dwight two summers back (interesting to drive past the chicken-and-waffles restaurant near downtown where in July 2013 he bought lunch for all the customers) to get him here; if Les is so loyal to McHale as coach, he might be the same with Dwight the player.

They'd probably rather let Dwight walk for the cap space than look like the bad guys who traded him.

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Dwight for DeAndre at the trade deadline might be more realistic, if Fegan gives his blessing.

5. ROXTXIA

I know it's just academic, as I don't see it happening anyway, but I would imagine that Dan "Satan's Left Nut" Fegan's blessing would involve Dwight not going to Sacramento. But to what third team?

Oh, wait....this thread is about KJ!! :eek:

Um....KJ will only get playing time (a) once some of that 1/2/3 logjam gets traded or (b) when he himself gets traded (I'm not advocating this, but, you know):

1. Lawson, Bev
    2. Harden, Thornton, KJ, Jet?
    3. Ariza, Brewer, Dekker

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Trading away a premier basketball name that spurned the Lakers for the Rockets is just not a good look. Yes...Would I rather have DeAndre or DMC...sure...but what message does that send to any potential superstar FA...We could trade you when things dont work out for us. I can guarantee that the Rockets will not trade Dwight, unless he explicitly says he wants out of Houston. Les Alexander does NOT operate that way.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

That is really the ONLY scenario where I could see us trading Dwight. DeAndre may not fight it because we're his home town. LA was on Dwights "approved" list back when he was with Orlando (he didn't leave LA because of the environment.....he left because the Lakers weren't going to be competing).

I don't really see why either team would make the trade, but I guess it could happen.

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

You guys are going in circles talking about this stuff. SSDT

9. ROXTXIA

Welcome to the BBS Summertime Version. :grin:

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

12. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

Awesome interview.
    [​IMG]

13. csc177

csc177 Member

First off, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Why doesn't this guy play? Are we stashing him until we move Brewer in January (when he becomes tradeable)?

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah we can't bench Brewer with him having performed so terribly. Would make him untradeable in January and it's pretty clear now McDaniels can defend and shoot at least as well as this guy.

15. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

It's because Just Blaze Bickerstaff is in love with Sew

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...hp?t=ffdb9661c0438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

"At the end of every night, when you go back and watch the film, there are three or four key plays that only Brew can make," interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "It's getting to a spot to take a charge; it's shooting a passing lane to get a hand on the ball; it's a key transition bucket. And in the fourth quarter, he makes big 3s for you, too. The kid is a winner. There is no other way around it. It's the only thing that matters to him."

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, sadly Morey is going to have to find a way to trade Brewer away in order to save Bickerstaff from himself.

17. seeingred

seeingred Member

JBB's just reading the script Morley gave him

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

What I don't get is how does Coach Pop find a guy like Jonathan Simmons off the streets of Houston and has him in their rotation but we can't find any time for K.J. McDaniels when our defense is rated 26th worst in the NBA.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

BUMP

KJ doesn't do himself any favors by playing so lazy when he gets garbage time minutes. It contrasts strongly from what we see from Montrezl.

20. rullrich

rullrich Member

It looked to me that he was intent on scoring last night rather than playing team basketball. Can't blame him - it's garbage time and he's trying to get minutes but that didn't help his case.