1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto CD Player Repair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketMan Tex, May 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Hey...got a friend whose factory 6 CD changer in his car is on the fritz. Would rather try to get it fixed than replaced (but will get it replaced if the cost to fix is high). Does anyone know of any places that fix factory installed audio in a car? Not under warranty. Please let me know so I can let him know. Thanks!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

what kind of car?

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Changers are pretty cheap nowadays. I'd figure at least 50 bucks for an easy repair. Might as well spend the extra money to spring for a new changer. Possibly an Mp3 changer at that.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The car is a Lexus (and no it is not mine! :D). Any ideas on Houston area places to go?

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

If its a factory changer, it would be alot cheaper for him to call around to some import recyclers and find a used one.

Like someone said before, paying for a diagnostic and repair would probably be about the same as purchasing an AM replacement.