1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New Shane Battier?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

I swear Shane must read clutchfans. OK I don't swear, but It seems as if the hatred has really affected his playing as of late. I saw him yelling and giving some shoves during tonights game. And whats up with the black eye? Is battier in some sort of fight club, perhaps with jermaine taylor and daryl morey? I should ask him next time, although it wouldnt do me any good because we all know the first rule of fight club. Anyways, Shane is starting to get aggressive.

1 person likes this.
  2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

He got hit in the eye the last game

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Shane got the black eye while using his skull to beat the suckiness out of the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  4. mig0s

mig0s Member

It's only one game... like everybody says. Next game he'll suck, you're gonna be like "trade him" or "bench him".

Don't base your argument on one game.

5. liljojo

liljojo Member

Shane has always been a physical, scrappy player, and defensive captain.

The black eye does look pretty BA though...

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wouldnt be surprised if he did read it...has any player said they do? Ron has...can't think of any other.

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

He's in a contract year. Probably playing for gia last contact.

8. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

He and Lowry are the only two playing any real defense right now. Until the rest of the team follows suit, we are going to be in for a long season of blown 4th quarters.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

post a pic of said eye.

i knew it swelled up last night, but i didn't have a chance to catch the game tonight.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Looks like makeup. Like an emo Battier.

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

He scores 7 points and 4 rebounds and he is a 'new' man. Do you realize how ludicrous that is? The 4 blocks made it a good game for him today but it seems on his 'best' day at this time he is a liability. I like SB and find it very sad to see him this way.

1 person likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Shane knows Im on his ass

13. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

al thornton gave him a black eye during the wizards game

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Click on sig spoiler and the answer shall be revealed.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Did you watch the game tonight? His defense was outstanding and very 'tangible'.

16. HookemHorns1250

Battier has -always- been that type of player. The kind of guy that will dive for every loose ball available, that will go in and just tip a rebound out to another player to get another offensive possession, or the guy who will take on each teams best player, because none of our other guys can.

Problem is, he's not the most gifted player. He's smart and he hustles, which gets him through quite a few games, but there will be others where he just gets out matched by athleticism and quickness.

TL;DR - He'll have his good and bad games. Games like tonight (hustle wise) isn't something new for him.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

If anyone Rocket would read clutch fans it would be Shane. It pretty funny because I was thinking about that the other day as well.

18. foo82

foo82 Member

He didn't. He just went straight to the box scores and declared shane sucks.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

The real question is if Battier can keep this up, or if this will just be his performance once every ten games.

20. dham01

dham01 Member

All the Shane Battier hate on the post laely has been CRAZY :eek: ! I never used to pay attention to Shane, but now I see why Shane is a team captain. He may not hit every shot ( and yes they are painful to watch sometimes), but he plays with heart every game. People talk about him gettin scourched every game, but defends the BEST PLAYER ON THE OPPOSING TEAM MOST OF THE TIME :mad: . These guys av. 20+ points a game, there're going to get their shots. When he isn't, he has to play help defense a ALL NIGHT!!( Scola's man, K. Mart's, etc.) If you want to blame someone, Blame Chase Budlinger! He getting beat on defense and he can't hit a open shot. The his shot is the reason everyone is so high on him. If he had hit half of his open jumper this season, we would have won a least 3 more games. I not advocating trading him YET, but he has to find his shot. Shane may not be an offensive force( and to be honest, he never was toted as one), but I can see how makes teams better!