1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time Magazine reveals Cheney's secret hiding place!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockHEAD, Jun 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

from the Drudge Report

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If anyone in the Whitehouse really brought up Anne Frank's name in connection with Dick Cheney, they have reached a new outer limit of hyperbole. I am impressed.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aiding and abetting...i realize this represents some sort of "scoop", but the only people this benefits are terrorists who'd like to take out the US government. incredibly irresponsible on Time's part.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The White House would out every liberal undercover agent if it meant they'd win the election.

Note, that's just a joke about the obvious hypocrisy of this outrage.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

apparently this guy knew about Site-R back in '01

6. B-Bob

That article is hilarious, rockHEAD! They even have maps.

The greater irony is that the terrorists crave more Cheney leadership and would probably kill every single American before touching a hair on Cheney's head. His mindset only serves to inflame their jihad.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh, lighten up. Whiny kneejerk accusations of treason (note, there is a difference in kind called the first amendment between this and the plame affair) are usually left to the likes of T_J. Like B-Bob/Dr. Gori said, Cheney is the bomb to those dudes. As well as to him, considering his repeated attempts to ransack Tokyo with pollution generated monsters.

#7 SamFisher, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  8. B-Bob

So! ... You have noticed the similarities. My cloning of Cheney stem cells will defeat you. Tin can sandwich!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The White House would have better luck if they just hired Darrell Hammond as a body double.

[​IMG]

Scary, isn't it?

10. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Time shouldn't have released that information. Yes it's a scoop, but I don't think the news element is strong enough to warrant a story. Now, if Cheney was building mini-Bushes there, then yes, it would definitely be a big story.

Of course, the White House's indignation is funny, too: they outed a CIA agent because they were pissed at her husband.

Though the two "outings" are unrelated, they're both irresponsible.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Speaking of which, this freak will not give it up!

Cheney Claims al-Qaida Linked to Saddam
    By MIKE SCHNEIDER, Associated Press Writer

ORLANDO, Fla. - Vice President Dick Cheney said Saddam Hussein had "long-established ties" with al Qaida, an assertion that has been repeatedly challenged by some policy experts and lawmakers.

The vice president on Monday offered no details backing up his claim of a link between Saddam and al Qaida.

"He was a patron of terrorism," Cheney said of Hussein during a speech before The James Madison Institute, a conservative think-tank based in Florida. "He had long established ties with al Qaida."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...=/ap/20040615/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_terrorism

12. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

CHENEY: He was a patron of terrorism.
    AMERICANS: Prove it.
    CHENEY: Oh. Um, well...
    (Ashcroft raises terror level)

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Why do I keep picturing Dr. Evil's secret volcano lair?

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

after a careful re-reading of my originating post i find no mention of "treason," plame, or the first amendment. i do find a characterization of "incredibly irresponsible", but perhaps you merely clinked on the wrong post, could you recheck and reflame please?

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

basso what does "aiding and abetting" mean?

16. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Complete with a freakin' rotating chair!

I have always been facinated by those "top-secret government lairs" though. I picture aging cold war bunkers and instalations, forgotten missile silos and underground bases complete with old reel-to-reel computers and gigantic filitration systems. I think I have read The Gunslinger series to much!!

I can't help but think about how many of these places are hidden from the outside world identified only by a blacked out line on the national budget.

At UNT, our Astrononmy lab was on the site of an abonded missle base, built to intercept incoming war-heads complete with abonded silos--one of which was used for storage. I was DYING to check em out, but alas, no such luck.

17. SamFisher

No re-spectreflash for you. Aiding and abetting, in my experience, is used in one context only, generally not the following: "I aided and abetted an old woman to cross the street today"; more like this "I aided and abetted in the commission of multiple felonies."

BTW, Robert Novak didn't aid or abet anything either, for the record.

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

19. SamFisher

Hasn't this facility itself been the same one on 60 minutes and the Discovery Channel and the History Channel for liek the last 15 years or is that something else I'm thinking of ?

20. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Well I don't think the the Time mag should have said anything about it since the tensions are very high during this time of war. The news value seems a bit small.

The thing that I wonder is that the site is called "Site R", right? What about sites A-Q? or S-Z? Seems to me that Cheney would have plenty of other places to go.