1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

96 floor vs 97-03 floor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuneo77, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

not much goin on these days , i saw some old rocket clips,just wondering what yall preferred back in the day,the 96 court with the stars and blue inside the arc or the floor from 97 with the paint being red?

i know how we all felt about the unis, never discussed the courts though...

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I actually thought the court was kind of cool to look at when it had the stars and all but there was way too much going with it.

3. Strawman

Strawman Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cQrmfUl2AI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6cQrmfUl2AI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Why did the Rockets mess with success?

The jerseys sucked...both courts sucked, the logo sucked. Little kiddie stars were all over the court. The 96 court looks like a 7 year old boy's room.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I quite liked those jerseys and the court design at the time, probably because I was a teenager.

Looking at it now - YUCK.

6. HPD

HPD Member

so much going on with the paint.................too busy....

yea y did they change the uniforms? $$$$$$ mayb?

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Great vid! Damn I miss Dream. Sick block on MJ to open up, and then he beats a triple team at 4:25. Thanks for posting.

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

There was a third version, without the blastoff graphic, used from around 01-03 IIRC.

I love the loud court designs. Now everybody seems to be going to the opposite extreme where there's no paint and it looks like the lumber area at Home Depot.

9. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah, I perfered the the Stevie francis days too!!!! ;)

10. HTR99

HTR99 Member

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the busy court. I remember how it stood out from the rest of the league now it's team X's logo in center court over a bunch of wood around it and a few boundary lines.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

From what I recall, there was an issue with the glare coming off the paint. It made it hard for the TV cameras to pick up the action, because of the angle they were pointing at. I think that's why we're seeing the trend of simpler courts nowadays.

12. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

wow...nice observation.

13. tigereye

tigereye Member

You are correct.....the third court was made because the second court with blast scene was damaged when Compaq Center flooded during Tropical Storm Allison.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry guys, I liked our clown jerseys.

We were like pimps with Moochie, Cat and The Wizard. High socks, big hair, the Franchise, and pinstripes baby....:)

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I actually like the court and I don't think the jerseys were as bad as everybody else did. :eek:

16. chosans

chosans Member

I bet the blue paint was very confusing to play on. Looking on it now, it's just, ahhh too much distraction.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The white jerseys looked like PJs, but the blue away jerseys were actually all right. I always thought they should have made an alternate jersey with a red color and blue stripes during that time.

18. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I loved the logo in the middle on the old one with the rocket blasting off but I didn't like the area around the key.