1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 MLB Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Drew_Le, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

After this horrible month of July for Houston sports, I needed something to look forward to. Found this primer on the 2015 draft and highlighted some that caught my eyes. Here's to 2 stud prospects coming in 2015!

http://throughthefencebaseball.com/2015-mlb-draft-early-30-college-prospects/43327

1 person likes this.
  2. awc713

awc713 Member

Dazmon Cameron. I think he'll go #1

1 person likes this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

if we can get cameron and matuella then DAMNNN

1 person likes this.
  4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Never too early to see who we pick (or, at this point, who we want the Astros to pick), and then complain about him when he's not obliterating everything in sight in his first full professional season.

#4 tellitlikeitis, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Seems like you gotta go college with the second pick.

1 person likes this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I know i've said this too many times already, in other threads

But I just wish we would take the best player available, and get him signed. Instead of trying to play the system and sign someone under slot to add extra over slot guys later, and all of that.

And no, i'm not saying this because of the non sign of Aiken as this has been my stance all along.

When you are the worst team and get the best pick, take the best player.

Just my opinion

1 person likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

When have the Astros not taken best player available? Correa was their #1 prospect... Then took Appel and little savings and then thought Aiken was the best bet before learning of the UCL.

1 person likes this.
  8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Ok, maybe you are right.

I personally have not seen their actual draft board. Most people think they have tried to use the system to draft someone they know they could get under slot leaving money for guys like McCuller and Ruiz, Nix and Marshall. Most of the baseball world seems to think that is what they have done.

The Correa pick certainly looks like it was the right one.

Not trying to make anyone upset (which is way, way too easy to do just by stating an opinion around here these days)

Just saying I hope they don't worry so much about the "system" and what they can do with extra slot money and so forth....and just take the best player, that's all i'm saying

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

#Spazz4Daz

1 person likes this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I heard Michael Matuella has a gigantic UCL that has Jeff Luhnow frothing.

2 people like this.
  11. cardpire

cardpire Member

#ContractTeamwideSalmonella4Matuella

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Correa was the only one of the 3 that might have been the system. By all accounts, Buxton was not #1 for them, and it was between Correa & Appel.

1 person likes this.
  13. Progs

Progs Member

Imagine if the Astros land the 1st and 2nd overall picks 2015 mlb draft...lol Mike Matuella and Daz Cameron to the Astros no doubt.They are two superb prospects and then there is a drop off after them two.
    talk about highway robbery that would make the Astros by far the winners in draft day...Might be looking at a 20 million draft pool money...WoW

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Throw in Stephen Kolek at 2-1.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Astros picking 1-1 and 1-2 is quite possible indeed. Only the Rangers have a worse record (by 1 game) and that is mostly because of health reasons. As the Rangers heal, they should pull away.

Has a team ever had the top 2 positions in the draft before?

16. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

My god, the thought of Daz and Matuella makes my heart stop Aiken for Aiken.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB Draft is being moved from a Thursday to a Monday, June 8 next year</p>&mdash; Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/509016862932234241">September 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Whatever happened to the rumors of making it work with Aiken? Is that officially dead?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Turns out, it was more in regards to Nix... but chances are, nothing really happens there other than having the arbiter make a ruling.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Brady Aiken's parents are still seriously butt hurt with the Astros. They said that Brady would never sign with the Astros. Ever.

Brady Aiken had until September first to file arbitration but did not. No surprise there, given their butt hurt.