1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIE] Brad Pitt in "Fury"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, Jun 26, 2014.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O8u5eKUY0NI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the perspective of tank warfare. Last time I saw a movie that did anything much with tanks was this movie.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-IatwoA00E0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Legend of the Falls 2?

3. what

what Member

Rocky 7: Rocky goes to war?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe people aren't excited for the Lieutenant Aldo Raine prequel.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like an entertaining movie...

... But Pitt is starting to wear on me. In the same way Cruise, or Denzel have. Those guys act the EXACT same way every movie.

You know you're not exactly expanding your range when Matt McConaughey is showing vastly superior range then you are.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Looks decent

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Heard this recently and correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't German tanks the best in WW2 with a hit ratio against American Sherman 6 to 1?

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I'm not sure about that, but they should have co-promoted this with the world cup.

9. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

That would take a sense of humor and you know Germans... chuckle :)

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, but now we get to know more about that 1

11. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

looks awesome!!!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't see any chicks.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love WWII flicks. Tanks! Of course, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title was Brian De Palma's terrific film The Fury (1978), with Kirk Douglas, John Cassavetes, Amy Irving, Carrie Snodgress, and Charles Durning. Likely better than this one, although it has nothing to do with tanks or WWII. Check it out if you've never seen it. It's probably on Nexflix or Amazon Prime. You'll thank me once your blood pressure goes back to normal, a comment you'll understand if, like me, you're a Brian De Palma fan. If you don't know who Brian De Palma is (Also known as Brian DePalma), he directed films like Dressed to Kill, Femme Fatale, the original Carrie, The Untouchables, Scarface, Mission Impossible, Carlito's Way, and many others. DePalma knows how to get great performances from great actors. Pity he didn't direct Pitt in this.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I posted earlier about the Pitt act getting old. And that proved to be somewhat true. And the movie isn't without its flaws in storyline, etc....

But... Holy balls, that is one heck of an awesome awesome awesome war movie. I'm a sucker for action, and damn son this movie brought that hard. I can't recall all the war movies that have come out since Saving Private Ryan. I know a ton. And Fury is definitely packed with what I'd call somewhat stereotypical archetypes. But the action... Damn is it good. So good. For WW2 best movie action sequences since Savjng Private Ryan. The unique aspect of the tank as the focal point. The scene with the German tank. The ending sequence. Man.

If you're a man, see this movie as soon as you can. Do it on as it a screen as possible with super loud surround sound.

The action is so good and so much of the movie that the story works despite its flaws. Solid 8-9 out of 10 overall.

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I watched it Thanksgiving night, and it was an amazingly somber end to the day. It is a fantastic war movie, but an even better character drama. The dynamic with the tank crew is as compelling as anything I've seen in recent years.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Tried watching it and stopped after 30 minutes. I do not enjoy modern war movies. Its always 2 hours of some pompous director trying to emphasize the horrors of war. This movie specifically had an awful script. I would say ****ty acting too, but that's probably just the script.

Twelve O'clock High, Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape, Kelly's Heros; these movies avoid portraying the brutality of wars and for the most part focus on the heroism of soldiers.

#16 tallanvor, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I loved it.

DD

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The movie was okay, its a rental movie though...there is nothing you have not seen before. A few good action sequences, but imo that's not enough for the price of admission.

19. noize

noize Contributing Member

Watched this with the wife last night and thought it was pretty good. My wife on the other hand couldn't stand it because half of the time, Brad Pitt's team was were acting like a bunch of ass***** and she has no sympathy for them except for the young boy and to a certain extent, Brad Pit.

Also, the middle part of the movie with the German woman in the house went far too long and awkward. The one of the few part that I didn't like about the movie.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Only true according to German stat keepers at the time. From what I've read, the German tanks had a slight edge over U.S. tanks.