1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Friend" of Biden's Daughter Shopping Tape of Her ALLEGEDLY doing Cocaine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Faos, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Memo to Michael Phelps and other drug users: If you're going to do drugs, do them in a room by yourself.

(Countdown to when the Bush daughters will be brought up in this thread...5...4...3...2...)

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0328200..._of_bidens_daughter_shopping_tape__161772.htm

'FRIEND' OF BIDEN'S DAUGHTER SHOPPING TAPE OF HER ALLEGEDLY DOING COCAINE

By BRAD HAMILTON

Last updated: 9:30 pm
    March 28, 2009
    Posted: 7:01 pm
    March 28, 2009

A "friend" of Vice President Joseph Biden's daughter, Ashley, is attempting to hawk a videotape that he claims shows her snorting cocaine at a house party this month in Delaware.

The anonymous male acquaintance of Ashley took the video, said Thomas Dunlap, a lawyer representing the seller.

Dunlap and a man claiming to be a lawyer showed The Post about 90 seconds of 43-minute tape, saying it was legally obtained and that Ashley was aware she was being filmed. The Post refused to pay for the video.

The video, which the shooter initially hoped to sell for $2 million before scaling back his price to $400,000, shows a 20-something woman with light skin and long brown hair taking a red straw from her mouth, bending over a desk, inserting the straw into her nostril and snorting lines of white powder.

She then stands up and begins talking with other people in the room. A young man looks on from behind her, facing the camera. The lawyers said he was Ashley's boyfriend of a few years.

The camera follows the woman from a few feet away, focusing on her as she moves around the room. It appears not to be concealed. At one point she shouts, "Shut the f--- up!"

The woman appears to resemble Ashley Biden, 27, a social worker for a Delaware child-welfare agency and a visible presence during her father's campaign for the White House.

The dialogue is difficult to discern, but the woman makes repeated references to the drugs, said the lawyers, who said they viewed the tape about 15 times.

"At one point she pretty much complains that the line isn't big enough," said the second lawyer, who declined to identify himself. "And she talks about her dad."

Biden has been an outspoken crusader against drugs, coining the term "drug czar" in 1982 while campaigning for a more forceful "war on drugs."

The lawyers declined to name the person who shot the video, but said he knew Ashley well and had attended other parties with her at which there were illegal drugs.

The lawyers said the shooter used a camera with a hard-disc drive that he later destroyed, drilling into the device and tossing it into a lake.

The woman in the video acknowledges the camera in a way that makes it clear she knows she's being recorded, the lawyers said, waving at it during a part of the video not shown to The Post.

No one else in the video is seen using the drugs. The portion of the tape shown to The Post ends shortly after the woman's alleged ingestion.

The shooter claims that he previously tape-recorded Ashley at a party in August, but was unsuccessful in his attempts to sell that video, they said.

An American media company offered $250,000 for the footage and access to the person who shot the tape, according to the lawyers.

Another company, based overseas, offered $225,000, they said.

The unnamed lawyer hinted that his client had additional information that could embarrass the vice president's daughter.

"The higher the price, the more he'll reveal," said the lawyer.

The lawyers said the video shooter was afraid of being identified and prosecuted for his role in the alleged drug use.

"He's got a criminal-defense attorney," said Dunlap, who has offices in Virginia and the District of Columbia.

The other lawyer said Ashley didn't have Secret Service protection at the time of the party because she complained about agents blocking her driveway.

"She complained to her dad about it and he got rid of them," he said.

This isn't the first brush with scandal for Ashley, who was arrested in 2002 when she yelled at a cop trying to arrest her disorderly friend outside a Chicago club, according to published report.

She was charged with obstructing, but the rap was later dropped after she apologized.

Ashley is the youngest of three siblings, and the only one born to the vice president and his second wife, Jill. Joe Biden's first wife, Neilia, and 13-month-old daughter, Naomi, died in a 1972 car crash. Her two half-brothers are Beau, 40, and Hunter, 39.

Phone messages left at the offices of Vice President Biden and Jill Biden, who were in Chile last night for meetings with South American leaders on economic issues, were not immediately returned.

Ashley also did not respond to messages left at her Delaware home.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about Biden's Daughter's friends? Not me.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no doubt you have the same blase attitude re the palin's kids.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

can you name a point where anyone has given a crap about anyone's kids' friends before? either party. just name one.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I thought the Gore daughters were pretty hot.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I think you misread the title. And I don't know why we'd compare her to Bush's daughters when doing cocaine is what Bush and Obama did. I think she just might be President someday.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Now why would I go after the Daughters. . . when the old man himself was a CokeHead?

Rocket River

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I forgot how cute she was -- i'd party with her anytime.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I see that now.

The title is really confusing, needs to be cleaned up.

"Friend claims tape of Biden's daughter doing cocaine" etc.

11. conquistador#11

I'm not going to take the bait. Nice try. And who cares, it's not like the ideals of our party are GOD, Family, and country. If they were, then this would be a problem.
    ahhh, so I did take the bait. dammit!

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I was referring to Jenna's partying in Austin.

[​IMG]

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i've hung out this girl before.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A couple of quick points. First Ashley Biden is 27 and I'm guessing hasn't been living in her father's house for years. While this does reflect badly on Joe Biden this isn't like she is his teenage daughter under his care.

The second is that the friend who is shopping this around is truly a major league a**hole. What sort of friend seeks to publically humilate a friend and her family to the highest bidder and while seeking to make a buck off of it still hides out of fear of being busted for the same offense? If this guy was shocked by Ashley Biden's drug use why not go to the cops instead of putting this video out for public auction? In my most humble opinion this guy represents the worst of our celebrity and money obsessed culture.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

reeeeeeeeaching

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Actually, the celebrities that leak the sex tapes (Kardashian for example) themselves are even worse in my book.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

QFT.

Curious about the tape, if it's true.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why predict a countdown when you brought it up yourself, Nostradamus?

19. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

I have some awesome beachfront property in Arizona that I'd be willing to sell you at a discount.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I could care less about Joe Biden's daughter....