1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cod, Mar 10, 2012.

1. cod

cod Member

UPDATE: 3/13/2012 12:01am

<HR>

UPDATE: 3/12/2012 11:14pm

<HR>
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?sl...bogut-prepares-for-pressure-of-trade-deadline

1 person likes this.
  2. HorneR

HorneR Member

I've gotta Martin over here with your name on it, Milwaukee.

1 person likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would take a flier and see what it takes to get him but I wouldn't give up a lot. In the offseason is a different story, when you can better evaluate his health situation. Ultimately, I don't think the Rockets will get him, because I think a team who is not contending for the playoffs this season will be willing to offer more than we will at the deadline. Since the Bucks have a shot at the playoffs this year, they will look to deal him to the highest bidder now and get some value back, rather than waiting until the offseason when the market opens up a bit.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Would make too much sense. I would love to get Bogut on the Rockets. He would immediately solve some of our most pressing issues when he comes back. Bucs could use someone like Martin to get into the playoffs, and we can land a nice top 10 pick. I would be ecstatic.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets interested in any serviceable/good center they can get their hands on. :p

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, so what if we traded like, expirings plus Martin and Scola and got Capt Jack, Bogut, and Bucks pick. This would help put our NY pick too.

Maybe a Jennings to LA 3-way.

7. valorita

valorita Member

I was thoroughly impressed with Bogut's defensive impact everytime we play them. He completely shut the paint down.
    The only other guy that does that is Dwight.
    Bogut and Jackson for Martin and Dally?

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets need a new big and tall suit model to replace the retired Yao Ming and the expiring Thabeet.

1 person likes this.
  9. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

If the Rockets trade for Bogut, they are officially calling it quits this season. I just don't see that happening.

10. cod

cod Member

Taking on Stephen Jackson is rumored to be the cost of trading for Bogut. Involving Kmart would make it an even swap in terms of size of contract, contract years, and position. However SJax is older and one guy has a rep for having an efficient scoring game while the other has the opposite.

Last year Milwaukee media claimed the Bucks were high on Patterson and also liked Budinger and Hill in a potential Ilyasova/draft trade.

Budinger is a far lesser version of Dunleavy who they signed before the season. So the only real chips the Rockets would have now in a Bucks deal is Patterson, Dalembert, and expiring contracts.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This is a trade I can see happening.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd say he's worth taking a shot at for the right price, which is pretty much anybody but kyle. Like the k-mart deal there is a risk he could not pan out due to frequent injury's, but there's also potential he could be really nice for us. If the bucks traded him i'm sure they would want to start over. So it would be a deal with expiring's, young players and picks...might haft to take back one or two large contracts ( S.Jackson, D.Gooden, B.Udrih, M.Duleaavy ).

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If we trade all three pieces that we could use in individual trades for an injury riddled player with a fractured ankle, I think I'm going to vomit. And Darryl Morey should be fired right after.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Instead of us taking on Bogut, how about sending him to Orlando as part of a three-way for Howard? That's got to appeal to the Magic.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets interested in any male human who can dribble and chew gum at the same time.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well I certainly don't doubt that :p

17. AFS

AFS Member

Great, another injury-plagued big man. Of course the Rockets would want him...

18. Big Time Titan

I couldn't agree more. That would be the dumbest move we could ever make. Trade for a guy that can't stay healthy to replace our own 7 footer who couldn't stay healthy. No f***in' thank you. I'll catch them dice.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Has DM been reading my posts? lol Posted earlier today Bogut/Sjax for Sam/Kmart...or for KMart/JHill/Thabeet....(both work on trade machine) its a gamble... but if the D12 sweepstakes dont go our way... I'd throw the dice... giving up Sam would hurt us this year - but prob get our pick back from NJ til next year...

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

All your injured big men are belong to us.

1 person likes this.