1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ha! I knew the 49ers had no balls

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moestavern19, Apr 26, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Niners safety Parrish has testicle removed

Hard-hitting 49ers safety Tony Parrish underwent surgery on Friday to remove his right testicle after an MRI three days earlier revealed an abnormal growth, SportsLine.com has learned.

The 49ers team doctors found the lump last Tuesday during a routine physical when an MRI showed a growth on his testicle. Further tests conducted the following day confirmed the results and doctors wasted little time in removing the lump as well as the testicle.

Team officials would not reveal whether the lump was malignant or benign, but said in removing the growth, Parrish will not have to undergo further treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation.

Parrish signed a five-year, $12 million deal that included a $3 million signing bonus with the Niners on April 1. The chiseled 5-10, 215-pound defensive back was signed to replace the departed Pro Bowl safety Lance Schulters. Since being selected with the 35th pick of the 1998 draft, Parrish has not missed a start during his four-year pro career.

As a result of the surgery, Parrish will be unable to fully participate with his teammates at the 49ers minicamp this weekend. It remains unclear when he will be allowed to participate in full team drills.

Team spokesman Kirk Reynolds confirmed that a procedure was conducted but added that only Parrish could provide the details.

Several calls placed to Parrish's cellular phone Thursday night and Friday morning were not returned.

Those close to Parrish said he was "handling it extremely well" and boasted that he is already working out.

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

3. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

4. Buck Turgidson

that's cold, man.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

New meaning to "throw me the damn ball", huh.

I don't like the 49ers and never heard of the guy, but I hope he is recovering well--what he is going through is serious business.

6. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I don't know Moe, worse things have happened. ;)

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

The article states that he won't be able to particpate in full team drills.

So that's what they do....

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey - I didn't mean any coldness. I wouldn't have posted this if he wasn't doing great. Just a little joke for Nomar. Sorry if it offends.