1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing getting an MRI today?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Oct 6, 2014.

1. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

This just solves a problem for the texans.
    Have Reed move inside which will make room for clowney to come back and line up opposite side of mercilous

2. Fantasma Negro

This is coming from a Cushing fan, I geeked out when I met him in person and love and admire his tenacity and his drive to get back on the field after two major injuries but with all due respect to the beast himself, I think he's done being a major contributor for this defense. He just doesn't have the quick twitch or the speed that's needed for his position. He still has instincts so I'm not saying he has nothing left to give but he can no longer be depended on to contribute at a high level any longer. After qb, they need to take best ilb available and let them split reps. I couldbe wwrong and Clowney coming back could help the whole situation but just judging buy what I see on the field, he plays like he's scared to get hurt

3. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

I agree, he simply just looks lost out there both mentally and physically. I could also see Brook Reed possibly sliding into ILB since he has more of the skill set for that then just being a pure pass rusher.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Two regimes have tried to get Reed acclimated to ILB. It has yet to pan out. I wouldn't expect much.

5. spence99

spence99 Member

Why does anyone expect Reed to fill in? Why does no one criticize Reed? When is the last time Reed made a play? He's terrible.

6. Fantasma Negro

I like the tools Simon brings, he needs more time at the position and hopefully he can get more time on the field at ilb on Sunday. I think he could be a solid player there

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Remember that Reed was a college DE. I think the desire to see him at ILB is more a reaction to disappointment in him as an OLB rather than a sincere belief that he's better suited to playing inside.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He was decent vs the skins but after that he's been m.i.a.

9. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

He's just not a pass rusher. He's decent at setting the edge but that's about it.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Add one more item to that 2015 Draft to-do list.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont understand why

he is terrible as an OLB, he just isn't suited for the position anymore. His skill set, if it can be used in any way at all, really only fits at ILB.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh great, more wasted cap money thanks to Rick Smith.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

See how low the bar is?

Decent in Week 1. Smh

Tragic

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't see that at all. He doesn't seem to have a nose for the ball coming off run plays, isn't good in coverage, isn't a leader on the field, has shown no evidence of making strong reads. He seems like a typical pass rusher to me. He's just not that great at it.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Does anyone think it was odd that BoB seemed so sure that PFW was completely wrong reporting Cushing wouldn't play?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why would that be odd?

He should know.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member