1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN]Forecast: 2016-17 West standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Jul 26, 2016.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

According to them, it's:
    1.GSW
    2.Spurs
    3.Clippers
    4.Blazers
    5.Jazz
    6.Thunder
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Rockets
    9.Mavs
    10.Wolves

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17131591/2016-summer-forecast-west-standings

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

More fuel for the fire. I missed being the underdog.

3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

4. htownballa1622

Idk why but I'm not feeling the blazers.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Excellent. Rockets play best when disrespected.

I'm actually surprised by these rankings. I thought they would have ranked Rockets outside the playoffs. Jazz kinda high.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets have a lot to prove after last season. I would rather they be under the radar.
    Seeds 4-9 are totally up in the air as far as I am concerned.

This line though....
    not really.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I am not feeling the Blazers, Jazz or Thunder above the Rockets. Honestly I don't really see the Grizz either.... Wolves will be better than expected now that they have a professional coach.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Even though I'm not a fan of his anymore, you have to kind of admit that our interior defense is worse now with him gone.

As it stands right now, Capela <> Howard(in any capacity or effort level)

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Disrespected? That's a little much. They're slightly overlooked, at worst.

Let's not revisit similar threads to this last year, where everyone on CF was screaming bloody murder because the haters didn't have us winning 60+ games.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Same.... I'm a bit baffled by the Blazers love.

They over-performed last year. Did they improve that much in the off-season? Henderson out, Evan Turner in. Lateral. Depends on Turner. He can be better, but usually isn't. Ezeli? Likelihood of him being better outside of GSW? I'm not sure I put it that high.

They added some pieces, but as noted they overachieved, and people are only high on them because they made it to the 2nd round... but forgetting why they made it to the 2nd round.

Jazz are high, but one could understand that jump, given the changes they made. PG was their biggest whole... they clearly addressed that. Bench and leadership was a whole, they clearly addressed those. Didn't add superstars, but added solid players to address their needs. Still high though.

11. bmd

bmd Member

It's like they don't know anything about the Rockets last season.

Dwight sucked. His interior presence last season was useless. Not-to-mention, the chemistry issues will be better with him not being on the team.

Then add in the Rockets' new additions.

There is no way they are not better than last season and don't finish better than 41-41.

Jazz and Thunder are too high in my opinion. I don't think the Blazers do any better than last season and I think the Grizzlies are being underrated.

I'm seeing it more as..

1. Warriors
    2. Spurs
    3. Clippers
    4. Grizzlies
    5. Rockets
    6. Blazers
    7. Thunder
    8. Jazz

12. bmd

bmd Member

If he played last year how he did the previous 2 years... then you'd have a point.

But last season, Howard wasn't any better than Capela.

Therefore, by losing Howard you aren't really losing anything.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You didn't see where I said I thought presason ranking would have had Houston out of the playoffs? Should have put disrespected in quotes.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's a bit optimistic.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hahaha. I'm a dumbass. Please disregard my response. smdh @ myself

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree and we all are going to see a major dip in interior defense this year regardless if you liked DH here or not.

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

A little low, but not worth getting excited over.

It's understandable from a national media perspective that the loss of Howard would seem to be a major downgrade to offset the depth upgrade.

I think most of us who watched the games know better.

West is still going to be tough, I don't personally expect much more than 6th seed.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just wait for some tweaks here and there. There is no way Les and DM are going to be an 8th seed twice.

Also, as I told you awhile back, while the Philly talks have merit, please remember, DM likes a smoke screen. NN is a popular choice, but we have a history of low-risk, high reward acquisitions.

Lat "ear" I heard is that Mr. Young Footwork is still in play, for cheap. And, with this ties to #FOE it has become pretty clear he wants out. Just FYI.

The dream is still one of the birds, so don't give up quite yet.

Allegedly, we're looking for another big who can shoot beyond 2 ft (Hi,Dwight) and a PG who will run the PnR the way MDA prefers.

Unfortunately, some of this DMo nonsense is holding things up. That part is obnoxious...do we really wait for CF's own "Super Role Player?" ;)

I promise we'll be better than 8th. This is not the final roster, and an ear said we may be looking at a "No Mediocre-Amber Rose loving sharp shooter with a shoe addiction" haha.

My last talks with Ne tell me that he didn't come here to lose. He could have received more than the minimum, but he came here to be part of a winning franchise. He's a smart man, as a i know personally. He didn't come here to struggle to make the post-season.

Be patient. Watch the beautiful birds and the firesales.

Peace and Love.

1 person likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

EXACTLY!

Punk-ass Dwight quit on the team when things got tough and he wasn't getting the ball exactly the way he wanted. He stopped playing defense when we needed him the most. Dwight inexplicably thought his contributions were needed on the offensive end; Rockets had Harden for that.

Harden from 2 years ago got Rockets to the second seed when he was playing with starting centers Tariq Black and Joey Dorsey. Don't see why Rockets can't be competitive with Capela and Nene.