1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will DMO sign for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

How much will DMO sign for?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. 1 year for under 11 million

26.7%
  2. 1 year for 11 million or over

2.7%
  3. 2 years for 20 million + (team option 2nd)

22.9%
  4. 3/4 years for under 10million per year

26.7%
  5. 3/4 years for over 10 million per year

20.9%
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

In Austin a while back, I saw a homeless guy by the side of the I35 frontage road holding a sign that said, "Stressed? Yell at me for a dollar."

I think this thread could serve a similar purpose. Just pop in, pick a poster who rubs you the wrong way, and b*ch the h*ll out of them for a good bit without consequence. I'm waiting for that dude Clutch to make an appearance, cuz I'm ready to give him a piece of my mind............

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You'll see.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:grin:

4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Rubio has to sign first.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

He doesn't give a damn, on vocation in Germany...
    [​IMG]

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

2 years 16 milli...second year non-guaranteed is what I've heard.

Smart signing, until his health is together and his game is back.

You don't overpay a Super Role Player.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

signing with us you mean?

btw thanks for sharing all your info w/ us cod.....hope your summer's going well and your health's getting stronger each day

1 person likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why people care so much about a half assed role player is beyond me.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Dmo has his flaws for sure, but playing half assed is not one of them

10. basketballholic

If this were the best offer on the table DMo would have already signed it and been in Brazil.

11. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

It's not a great offer for him so he has no doubt been holding out hoping they will increase it al la what Bledsoe did.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Come on dude don't reply to Cod telling him he's wrong because it conflicts your opinion, he's sharing his info.

13. basketballholic

There is already at least one team willing to pay him 3 or 4 years guaranteed at a substantially higher salary.

14. basketballholic

Didn't say he was wrong. I an highly confident that Codmsn reports accurately what his ears hear.

What you have to remember is not everything an insider hears is fact. There is a ton of false information that is "leaked" by NBA front offices and players and player agents to serve their own purposes.

The idea that DMo is missing the Olympics because he is waiting for some mysterious offer to come in for substantially higher money than what is already on the table is preposterous. The offers are already known. There is another reason why he is missing the Olympics without signing an offer sheet or agreeing to terms with us.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well in that case, are you declaring you have real inside sources?

Can you make it clear everytime you post something from a inside source a
    that's NOT a opinion, that way we can measure your track reccord and deem our selves how reliable your source is just like we do with every poster who claims knowing someone with inside info?

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Seems he would have already signed such a contract.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Trust me. An alcoholic basketball has no sources.

18. basketballholic

No.

Having insider info is only one small piece of the puzzle. Because even insider information is full of misinformation, lies, and distortions.

I have recently opined my interpretation of MDA's interview with Woj. I made it clear in that discussion that I was interpreting MDA a certain way and I gave ample factual evidence for my opinion.

When I am not opining, which I do plenty of, I try my best to be as factual as possible. Now sometimes, not often, my facts are incorrect because I have misunderstood the CBA. But that doesn't happen often and when it does I really admit the mistake. Oh, and because I write this way, any factual mistakes I make are quickly pointed out by you and others. And I'm fine with that.

Besides, judging an "insider" on their track record means poo-pooing all of them. Which many immature members of this community have done repeatedly to known insiders such as Doc Rocket who no longer ways his time giving us his insider track because of the disrespect of his contributions. As Codman has pointed out before, the vast majority of insider rumors never come to fruition because:

1. There is a vast amount of misinformation steaming directly from the teams and players themselves.

2. Things change constantly, sometimes minute by minute.

3. Even the best "insiders" only get access to very limited info or if they are a "leaker" they only leak a small portion of what they know.

By the way, I've never claimed "insider" status. But I do have"sauces" that are either insiders themselves or they have access to true insiders.

Sorry if that ain't good enough for you. But I ain't changing what I'm doing in a vain attempt to win your approval. You can choose to ignore or read and respond or just read and contemplate silently.

#278 basketballholic, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This is what i'm talking about. You claim to know sources and post them, but yet your not a insider here even though thats basically exactly what a "insider" on cf does, everything you post is an opinion then, at the same time you treat all of your opinions like inside sources, telling people they are wrong or what is "really" going on frequently.

If you are not a insider, then please stop acting like you have superior knowledge, especially to posters like Cod.

If you do have sauces then please state it and clear it from yoyr opinions.

20. basketballholic

You mean offer sheet?

Yes, that would make sense, wouldn't it? So why hasn't he? Think it through and give the complete list of possibilities.