1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Markieff Morris Tweets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedNation97, Sep 3, 2015.

1. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Markieff Morris has just tweeted that he will NOT be returning to the Suns next season.

Considering there has been very little talk of Keef interested in any team other than the Rockets, could this be foreshadowing a trade to Houston?

BTW, “FOE” stands for “Family Over Everything”.

[​IMG]

2. bmd

bmd Member

I don't know who they could trade where the salaries will work where the Rockets don't give up too much.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably not, just because he's interested in the Rockets doesn't mean the Rockets have any interest in him. He might be an upgrade at backup PF over Jones, but given his issues, it's just not worth it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, he has a choice? Last I checked he was under contract. Unless you're gonna sit out and pay the fines, hey, go for it!

No.

He's not coming to Houston. Ricky Rubio is not coming to Houston.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not worth it

We have two PFs who are clearly better.

Harrell might end up being better too

6. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Thanks for being so helpful, J.R.!

7. micah1j

micah1j Member

If he is still not traded by mid season and his criminal charges are clear then there might be a chance.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who are you trading for him anyways?

• A third of the roster just signed or re-signed this offseason and I believe can't be traded until December.
    • Another third of the roster, their salary is minuscule.
    • And the final third of the roster is untouchable. You aren't trading Dwight, Harden, Lawson and probably not Ariza either.

So how are you making a deal work right now?

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

September 4th? but how.

10. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

All just say for pure entertainment value I would love for us to throw out an all out 5 Man Bully Squad.

Ty
    Bev
    Harden
    Keef
    Howard

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hahaha - he's tweeting from the future.

...and to bring up the same thing mentioned in nearly every thread mentioning Morris - even if Houston wanted Markeef and Phoenix wanted to send him to Houston, in order to match salaries within league mandated levels the Rockets would either have to give up someone valuable at another position(Ariza or Brewer), a mid cap hold and a younger talent - Beverly and one of Capella, Dekker, I assume Montrez eventually OR a slew of our smaller cap assets like KJ McDaniels, Jones, AND Dmo.

In any case, to make the cap math work Houston would most certainly be giving out more talent than it would be taking in to acquire Morris and that's even IF I give Morris the benefit of the justifiable doubt that a lot of people have about him(that's he's just an average player).

12. basketballholic

Only way Markieff becomes a Rocket is if he accepts a buyout of around $5-7 million and we sign him at the minimum for the upcoming season.

And.......as crazy as that sounds....it's actually possible. Markieff could take a huge gamble and give up 80-90% of his guaranteed money in order to play for a championship contending team on a minimum contract and become a free agent in 2017.

Guys, this is how Markieff will become a Rocket if indeed he becomes a Rocket. Stop trying to figure out trades. There are no viable trades for his contract. And why should we trade for him if he's willing to take a small buyout and play out this next season for free agency in 2017?

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

....The morale here in Phoenix is pretty crappy. Lots of hurt on both sides.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't doubt Markieff Morris will be traded, but the Suns are giving out the "we have no intention of trading you" because a deal might just not happen until the season is underway.

15. basketballholic

His trade value is under water. He's got a pending court case. His attitude sucks. NO TEAM is going to risk trading for him without getting back other assets from PHX for them taking him off their hands.

This is headed for a huge buyout.

16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Agreed, but if I'm Phoenix I'm not buying the punk out - I ain't giving him a cent and i am waiting for a trade to help them. I think he could help us, but from a business standpoint I'f I am Phoneix I'd rather DNPCD the punk for four years and fine him for refusing to suit up. what a jerk

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

BHollic....^^^^

Why is your signature so frickin large???

18. basketballholic

You have to pay him unless he's suspended. It's not a good situation for PHX to be in. They don't pay him and the players union gets involved and then it blows up.

And the only way you're gonna get positive trade value for him is to get him productive on the court. We know that's not going to happen. This is an NBA divorce. They'll agree to a buyout and he'll be gone. The only question is how much will it be?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a rough situation no matter what, if he was a better player, you might find a team willing to gamble on him...but there's no chance of that now. It pretty much has to be a buyout, and I wouldn't want the Rockets to have anything to do with him. Teams should stay as far away from head cases like the Morrii as they can.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can understand not liking or wanting to trade the guy because he is acting like a knucklehead, but he is certainly not clearly inferior to Jones and Dmo.

You can definitely make a case that he is better than both.