1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron can't win it alone? Neither could MJ, Bird or Magic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/07/27/superteams/index.html

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

These 'legends' main statement above all is "if you're a superstar, they should come to you"

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe if you are in boston, chicago, or boston.

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That's easy to say when you're drafted to a team with future hall of fame players.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This is that same BS nba.com article. I didn't read the 2nd half of it because the 1st half was so trash. This is simply a terrible analogy.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I think whoever wrote the article is missing the point. Lebron HAD a good team around him. The reason the Cavs didnt win this year was because Lebron didnt show up when it counted. The writers, the fans, do the same ***** every year. You notice nobody said anything about lack of talent after the 1st round ass whoopin they gave Chicago. Nobody mentioned anything about lack of talent when the Cavs got Jamison and finished with the best record in the league. The Cavs were winning and Lebron got all the credit.

As soon as they lose now all of sudden it's the Cavs fault? It's his team who didnt show up? The person who got all the credit in the regular season has no accountabilty? Because of a sore elbow?

7. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

What hall of famer came in the league with Micheal Jordan? Please elaborate ur lame excuse

8. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

The writing was on the wall as soon as the Celtics figured out Antawn Jamison was a defensive sieve. Maybe the Cavs would have gotten past the Celtics with a 100% focused, dominating Lebron, but I don't know if they could've taken the Magic. And the Lakers would have demolished them.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

LeBron didn't have a good team. Magic, Jordan, and Bird had hall of famers or were one of the 50 greatest NBA players list. None of LeBron's teammates are close to being potential hall of famers, except for an over-the-hill Shaq. Zydrunas won't sniff the Hall of Fame.

10. BetterThanEver

He was referring to Magic.

11. Ashes

Ashes Member

Pointless article. Analogy doesn't fit. All three listed players stayed on their teams.

None of this changes the fact that LeBron will forever be the guy who had to go to someone else. If he wins titles, good for him. That's not the point.

12. BetterThanEver

Here's the part of the article that was about Magic.

13. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Admittedly, my reading comprehension isn't the greatest before I've had my morning coffee, but I think the point the article was trying to make is that Jordan/Bird/Magic never needed to leave their teams because grade-A talent was already present on their own team.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

More like missing their ENTER key.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'll preface this by saying that I haven't hopped on the anti-LeBron bandwagon like many, and I'm usually not a huge fan of Bill Simmons. But he pretty much nailed how I feel about the LeBron situation in his last mailbag:

#15 dharocks, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  16. Dei

Dei Member

I agree but your reasoning's off.

The point is that LeBron, Wade and, arguably, Bosh are franchise players. Three teams were supposed to build around them respectively. For a single team to hoard all three takes away competition and pretty much renders any of their victories without value.

17. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's a p*ssy move on the parts of the players, but this doesn't really make any objective sense. You still have to play the games.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Funny how people act like the Cavs were a bunch of scrubs. 61 wins

19. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

That's how good Bron was. That's what people don't understand..

20. Dei

Dei Member

1. Cleveland is in the East.
    2. Toronto is in the East.
    3. It's the East.