1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

boki's upside?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buiyahkah, Apr 27, 2004.

1. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

i know this has been discussed a bit, even more so since the whole karla incident but i was wondering what you guys think of boki's upside and what kind of player he may end up developing into? i'm thinking and hoping that he turns into a player like stojackovic only with more defenese...

2. choujie

choujie Member

I'll be very happy if he can turn into a bigger JJ. JJ was a #4 pick. Solid starter is what #15 pick should be.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well he's got the perfect size for a sf. 6'9"-6'10", decent wingspan. Drives the ball pretty well. His shooting stroke looks sound, doesn't always go in but it looks pretty nice coming out of his hands. Good athleticsm and nice hustle.

I think he's got all the physical tools to be a VERY good player, but it's probably a stretch to project him to be like Peja (who is arguably the best shooter in the nba). I see him as more like a Turkoglu with a better shot.

4. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

I see him as a Turkoglu with less of a shot and more athletcism.....maybe a Ginobili.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

would love for him to turn into a harpring, kukoc, van horn even a stacey augmon. he has the skills and tools, now he needs the experience.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

haha... one of those doesn't fit with the others...

augmon was a defensive stopper man! i hope Nachbar become one of those.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

I know Boki is going to be another Scottie Pippen.

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He reminds me more of Bobby Jones than anyone mentioned here.

9. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Didn't Turkoglu lead the NBA in 3-pt percentage for most of the year this year until a late collapse?

10. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I love his game him driving to rim is what i really like, with his atlethsim and if his shoot can come around i think hes going to be a very decent starter in 2 years when he takes JJ's spot.

11. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Hmm. I never really thought of Turkoglu as a great shooter, but according to his stats, he has in fact improved his 3pt shooting every year. Well in that case if Boki could continue to improve his game like Turkoglu has, then we would have a very solid sf indeed.

12. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

I think he should quit the "Statue of Liberty" drive that he does. It seems like it would be prone to getting swatted away. Other than that, he definitely deserves some playing time.

13. bigstinkyt

bigstinkyt Member

I think of him as a poor mans Ginobili.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We are talking about his upside. I hope one day Ginobili will be the poor man's Boki. He's not a great shooter like Peja. But he can be a taller Ginobili type player.

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Peja-lite in 2 more seasons.

16. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Interesting comparison since Jones didn't hit a three pointer his entire career.

17. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I see a little bit of Danny Manning in him. But when all is said and done he will be the "next" Boki ;)

18. MONON

MONON Member

Don't you ever mention Quitten again. At least not in the same sentence with Boki! :mad:

You should have your keyboard washed out with soap! :D

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

a shorter version of Nowitzki is probably more appropriate with slightly less shooting accuracy and slightly better defensive skills.

20. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

how's that different from Boki? ;)

anyway... boki has potential... but the different between him and ginobli is footspeed.