1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Case Keenum - Gruden's QB Camp

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Victorious, May 2, 2012.

1. Victorious

Victorious Member

Pretty cool video, The Texans very own Case Keenum was one of the quarterbacks profiled among with Luck, RG3 and others. A very Nice look at Case and hey, Gruden likes him! :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/idM2PMsJL74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6 people like this.
  2. MykTek

MykTek Member

thats was cool, thanks!

3. conquistador#11

lol "i've been known to fake a charge." there goes scola with the influence on houston athletes.
    Chucky's facial expressions never get old to me. I wonder if he practices in the mirror.
    thanks for posting.

4. AFS

AFS Member

Lol Gruden likes everybody...

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I like Case better than Yates.

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

"Coach, that's Houston. It's the 3rd Ward!!"

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

TJ Yates helped the Texans win their first ever playoff game. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself in this league.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

Yates>>>>Keenum

delusional UH homers. case wont make the final 53. best case hell be a PS player..

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think I'm going to withhold judgment until I see Case play against some NFL defenses. It's kinda hard to get a feel for how good a player will be as a pro, when they are playing against teams like Rice and Georgia State.

However, I am excited to have Keenum on the team, and he may very well end up being better than Yates. But, I need to see how they perform during some pre-season games. Maybe both Keenum and Yates will turn out to be good QB's, that would be nice.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm not saying he's better. Don't know until we see him in action. What I like is his attitude. Yates seems like a good kid. Case has got some kick to him that I don't see in Yates. Doesn't mean he'll be successful. But he's smart and he's got a winner's mentality and attitude. That goes a long way.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hahahah a undrafted qb is better than a 5th round qb prospect who played better than all but 2 qbs picked ahead of him in the nfl. Lol

I love the coogs but c'mon guys don't be such homers we have both u can be a homer for yates. Keenum wasn't even drafted but we picked him up so the texans must see something in him to give him this great chance. With that said Yates has great pocket presence as a rookie and has a rocket with shaky accuracy not bad though he has th size and tools along with the athletic ability to be a top 5 qb in 5 yrs give Yates time to grow the texans know what there doing and he's the future for now.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Dont know why everyone is high on yates. If by play better you mean "try to limit mistakes", you were right about that until the batimore game. He simply got exposed. he got baited into at least two of those interceptions. Not only did he make the mistake but it was planned by the defense that he would make those mistakes.

Bottom line, Shaub (or shoob as some media guys like to call him) goes down, we are screwed. And worse off, we will have to find a new starting qb for the long run. And guess what? It WONT be Yates nor Keenum.

13. hairyme

hairyme Member

Alright, Gruden apparently thinks Houston is in New Mexico or something. He makes comments referring to "desert", "cactus", "dry" weather... and he talks about the rain as if it's as foreign as snow is around here. How has this guy traveled around the country with his NFL-related jobs and manage to avoid Houston??

Either that, or he was taken from airport to stadium and back all while blindfolded.

14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

hahahaha ...arian foster, wes welker and tony romo. undrafted. those guys will never be nothing. haahhaha.

1 person likes this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I like having both Yates and Keenum on the team

I for one am not sold on Yates yet and am glad the texans have 2 young QBs in training

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Gruden one of many who believe Houston is similar to the desert.

17. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

It was a mirage.

I was with you 'til Romo.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Keenum would be very lucky to have a career like Romo's.

19. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Houston until recently has been almost desert like with the lack of rain.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Which is weird because you know he's been here multiple times.

If someone from out of state visited me and told me they wanted to see a cactus, I wouldn't know what to tell them. Probably drive them to a nursery or something.