1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Feb 23, 2012.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'd rather have Beasley and Wes Johnson for Kevin Martin.

The Gasol talk won't go away because, I think, he physically resembled McHale. I think Morey thinks that McHale can toughen him up and teach him a few more things and make a resurgent career for the Spaniard. I'm okay with that but it all depends on the price and most of the proposals are too costly for Houston.

#61 giddyup, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

In my opinion we gotta trade for Beasley, his value is probably career low and we can probably snatch him for TWill and maybe a pick? Beasley's offensive game has so much potential, dude is a scorer. We can use someone like him when were on those offensive droughts. Plus, I really feel he can blow up into a legit player here.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Really? You think Rick Adelman is looking to reunite with Terrence Williams? Really?

4. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Lol true true. Just an idea, but seriously..get Beasley.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I agree with tryin to snatch Beasley on the cheap... maybe Bud, an expiring and second rd pick might do it...

6. fitchjs

fitchjs Member

Thoughts?

Rockets trade:
    Kevin Martin
    Jordan Hill
    Chase Budinger

Timberwolves trade:
    Michael Beasley
    Nikola Pekovic
    Wesley Johnson

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Yeah I agree. The guy has the ability to become an elite scorer in this league..

As far as his pricetag here's an article from minny...

[rquoter]A little birdie confirmed Wednesday that the Los Angeles Lakers have expressed interest in trading for Timberwolves forward Michael Beasley. Whether the Lakers have made an offer for Beasley is unclear, but the Wolves aren't especially interested in acquiring more bodies. A first-round draft pick might be a reasonable trade. .... The Lakers, by the way, aren't the only team expressing interest in Beasley [/rquoter]
    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20019654

Offering them the NY pick, along with their own second rounder and a future pick in addition to some expiring's might do the trick.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LOVE IT - but dont think it'll happen.... the only way I see Minnie parting with Pekovic is in a 3 way where they get Pau...

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I don't understand all these scenarios involving Scola/Martin/Dragic with no young "bluechips" being moved. The CP3 trade was nixed because Stern saved Demps from looking like a moron because of this.

But I guess the fact that that deal "happened" proves that some GMs really are that dumb...

1 person likes this.
  10. theprof

theprof Member

Hill and Martin for Beasley and Pekovic. Free C-Lee!!

11. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Oh that's interesting, didn't the T-Wolves trade like a 2nd round for him to the Heat?

12. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

My thoughts are that some of you people really think of the most unrealistic trades, like trading a bag full of donkey dung for a box full of gold...please see above....how abut Thabeet, Courtney Lee, and Flynn for Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, and Gordon Hayward and then turn around and trade Scola, Budinger, and Parsons for James Harden, Kendick Perkins and Eric Maynor and 2 future number ones....Houston sports fan=no sense of reality

13. conquistador#11

what do you guys think about sending all of our 09ers to the thunder for Durant? We could use the scoring he would give us! Scotty can develop hasheem and twill.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I've been in the James Harden camp for a while, he's underutilized in OKC (not bad coaching just already two established stars). And the Thunder need a post presence Scola and Kmart + Pick for Harden. The only thing is the salaries aren't in the same ball park. Would need a 3rd team.

15. joesr

joesr Member

At least some of us see why it happen and not say its because it was with the Rockets.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

if the timberwolves got kevin martin i'm sure adelman would love to see martin and love together on the same team

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Courtney Lee and Chase Budinger and the NY pick for James Harden, because OKC can't afford to pay him and Ibaka along w/ their All Stars.

Okay, it isn't realistic.

18. arjun

arjun Member

:grin::grin: ya thanks for that last line

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

OKC has no reason to trade Harden before next season's trade deadline, and even then they may choose to keep him.

20. Ultimate6thMan

Okay, the Lakers want Lowry for Gasol. We want Howard and Deron.

What about we give the Lakers Lowry and Scola for Gasol...but only do it if we have a deal on the table with Orlando for Howard that would include Martin, PP, Parsons, our expirings and any/all picks that they want to complete the deal? If we can keep Dragic, CLee and hopefully Morris, we could add anything and everything in the deal that would make Orlando happy enough to do the deal..even two of those three if necessary.

Howard may want to play and stay here if we can pair him up with Gasol, with the potential to sign Deron in the off season. The key would be saving enough cap room to sign Deron and hopefully keeping CLee and Morris for our 2 and 3 positions.

If we had a starting lineup next year of:

Deron
    CLee
    Morris
    Gasol
    Howard

I think we become the favorites for it all and would not have any problems signing players on the cheap to filll out the roster; not to mention whatever is left over that Orlando leaves or sends over to make the deal happen. Eating that Turkgolu contract may be the part that becomes tough if it keeps us from having enough cap space to sign Deron outright in the offseason. Maybe some of the capologists here can toss around the facts of whether it would work or not.

My thoughts are always shoot for the stars, and be happy if you are able to land on the moon.