1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Major

Major Member

That and the fact that Swoopes can't throw a football very accurately, read defenses at all, and completely falls apart as soon as one bad thing happens.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

A&M may have won the battle for Murray, but the war is far from over.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TKDLOsBwax4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Watson makes me miss Greg Davis. There! I said it.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

man I hope we can turn it around... the world just doesn't feel the same when the Horns aren't on top

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i can't judge watson based on tyrone swoopes. he did coach bridgewater.
    you're talking about a quarterback who fumbled the ball like 3 times on the one yard line.

can't blame the coordinator for that. Greg Davis had like 3 plays.

7. Bob Barker 007

Who is it going to be?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Woke up this morning with one school on my mind! I know where I'm going!</p>&mdash; THEE MACK TRUCK (@DaylonMack) <a href="https://twitter.com/DaylonMack/status/561549564331560960">January 31, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I guess we will see. I think it could be UT, TCU or A&M.

I think he really wants to play with Malik Jefferson and by all accounts he had a great time at his OV to UT. His mother apparently loves Charlie Strong and she has UT pics all over her FB account. So all that bodes well for UT.

I also think he likes the idea of being on the same team with Kyler Murray and playing in the SEC. So theres that.

And he has been open all along about how much he likes the Frogs who were and are the dominate team in the Big 12. Gary Patterson is a damn good defensive coach and they had one hell of a great offense this past season. IMO, they were the best team in the nation but just didn't get a chance to prove it. So there is that as well.

I don't know what school he has picked as of this morning but I wouldn't be shocked regardless of which school he ends up going with. If someone forced me to pick a school I would probably go with UT just because of Malik, his Mom and that fact that he had such a great weekend at UT last week. That plus all the twitter action that has flowed around regarding UT and signing day. But I wouldn't say that I was confident in that pick.

9. rockbox

I blame him for sucking in colorado, nebraska, Texas and being mediocre in Louisville even with Bridgewater. Watson has had like 2 good season out of his long career.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

11. rockbox

Meh. An article full of excuses. Mediocre quarterbacks or mediocre coach? Somehow Sumlin's and Brile's mediocre quarterbacks perform better than Watson's. Somehow, Case McCoy and his noodle arm made Harsin and Applewhite look better than Watson.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

why don't you learn to accept criticism more gracefully than digging in and cementing yourself to an untenable position by repeating claptrap of the highest order?

Maybe Watson is indeed horrible, but the "remote is all the way over there so I guess I'll keep watching Property brothers " method of arguing about it is so very much more horrid.

13. rockbox

I'm not arguing with you. I have an opinion, and I just like to stated it. I don't like to spend my life arguing over things I don't control or effect.

Obviously Watson is Strong's guy. It may because he is football genius that he exhibits behind the scenes or maybe he has compromising pictures of Strong. I have no effect over it. All I have is my opinion which is based on watching Watson's offense during his 3 tours of the big 12.

You can try to argue all you want and criticize me all you want because I don't really give a ****. I don't know if you get a hard-on when you argue or you just can't help yourself but I prefer not to get into with you. I lose either way because you just don't quit and I will end up wasting time that I could use doing something I enjoy.

Do you know the quote “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience?” You are obviously not an idiot(probably a lawyer by trade or should be), but the jist applies.

This is the last time I will respond to you because I have more productive and enjoyable things to do with my time.

14. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

He'll probably change his mind at least three times between now and NSD.

Man I used to like following recruiting, but now all these recruits flipping seemingly every other day, trolling each other and schools chasing them, wanting to get on TV for every little thing they do... I'm getting tired of the whole ordeal.

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

would be a huge get

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wednesday Live on <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNU">@ESPNU</a> 9 EST
    8:15AM Plano West Gym.. <a href="http://t.co/BWsFpC7wpY">pic.twitter.com/BWsFpC7wpY</a></p>&mdash; SOMI JaMITCHELL (@Soso_Jamabo1) <a href="https://twitter.com/Soso_Jamabo1/status/562280055649218560">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. Airdough

Airdough Member

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I used to pay for recruiting websites but then they just turned into the GARM or the Zoo on TexAgs with just complete bull being thrown around.

An interesting study would be how many of the players that announced on signing day or switched on signing day actually made a positive impact to winning at the college and/or pro level. Of all the key players in this Superbowl, none were five stars and most were three stars or below.

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

It's true, but you have to take into account sample sizes. In a given year, there are only like 25 5 stars in the whole country and like 300-400 4 stars. EVERYONE else in the country is a 3 star and lower, implying a pool of thousands. If you assume that every D-1A school is taking athletes with at least some NFL potential and that they're taking ~20 per year, that's nearly 2,000 potential players.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

FWIW: Mack and Soso are "out" according to HornsDigest

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to Jason Higdon, Soso Jamabo &amp; Daylon Mack have informed TX coaches they will not be committing to the University of Texas. Bummer</p>&mdash; Nick Papageorgio (@BrandonMaybin) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonMaybin/status/562396775789506560">February 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

19. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Other UT sites are reporting the same. Texas momentum has definitely been up and down a lot this cycle.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OFFICIALLY COMMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HookEm?src=hash">#HookEm</a>
    <a href="http://t.co/iVhb1qvLDj">pic.twitter.com/iVhb1qvLDj</a></p>&mdash; Kai Locksley (@LOCKSnLOADED_3) <a href="https://twitter.com/LOCKSnLOADED_3/status/562415137639133184">February 3, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>