1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Broncos Hire Kubiak

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Meh maybe, but nothing tangible to support that theory.

I completely agree with you, problem is that counter-ability is HUGE in the playoffs and is a large reason that teams like New England and Seattle and Baltimore have done well.

I agree that Kubiak always had very good mapped out first and sometimes second drives. I don't question the effort of Kubiak and I don't question his ability to come up with plays. I do seriously question his ability to quickly adjust.

Yes, his running game and play calling on running plays are good, well above average and have shown to be effective... although I would say he didn't usually control the trenches on 3-4th and short.

Yes, and this is a big problem. Teams that do adjust will make mince meat of Kubiak. Perhaps it works with Manning having a lot of say and Phillips working his one-two year magic before he loses interest and falls apart.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kuibak tapping his good ole boy network I see. Not scared of this coaching staff at all. When will Marciano join Denver?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pet peeve... Marciano was brought on by Capers (he was part of the original coaching staff) and Kubiak just didn't care enough (or didn't think ST coaches really have a impact either way) to replace him.

That is all.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Is that really any better?

FWIW the special teams coach he is taking to Denver isn't very good either... he was bad in Chicago and meh in Dallas.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don't put much stock in special teams "coaching".... it usually consists of a "yeller/screamer" as 90% of playing special teams is putting forth "effort" and "hustle", not so much scheme.

Good special teams units derive from talented players... and talented special teams players derive from a team having a lot of depth up and down the roster (guys who could step in and make a difference if there are injuries).

The Texans have never had that sort of depth (or at least before this year, they were usually just one injury away from going from good to awful)... and its no surprise that they've had mediocre special teams, regardless of who the coach was.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Great Post. I think Denver will have a beastly run game next year tbh.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Peyton may decide to return soon

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won't keep people guessing on his future for long.

Manning could decide as early as the coming week that he is indeed returning for an 18th season, according to sources.

Manning has been fairly persuaded that all will work well between him and new head coach Gary Kubiak, who is ready and willing to fit his scheme to play to the quarterback's strengths.

Even though Manning attended the 50th Gatorade party late Friday night with several athletic icons, including New York Yankees great Derek Jeter, Manning will not announce he will be having a farewell season in 2015. That's not his style and he does not want to lock himself into a final year, yet.

Manning said this past Friday he met with Kubiak last Wednesday. While NFL rules limit the discussions between coaches and players at given points in the offseason, Manning said the two were essentially trying "to get to know each other."[/rQUOTEr]

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'd put money on their Superbowl Chances right now

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is where Peyton makes the biggest difference

Rocket River