1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blessing in disguise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Keiser, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Keiser

Keiser Contributing Member

That loss to the bobcats around christmas time was our low point of the season and probably the best thing that could have happened to this team. All the changes and attitudes were adjusted after that loss.

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

Nothing good comes from losses except higher draft picks.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not true, sometimes necessary trades become more visable after losses, however, i don't think it was the Bobcats that inspired an 8 game win streak.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

After the All-Star break...losing to Seattle then SA were prob the main catalysts for trading for Mike James. Good things do come out of losses.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

two shay.

6. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

Touche on that point.

7. Toast

Toast Member

I don't think it was the losses as much as the question marks surrounding Sura's health.

8. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

...but you can't forget how HORRIBLE Strickland looked against San Antonio. Honestly, I think that might have been the single worst performance in the history of the NBA. Or at least in the history of me watching the NBA. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Looking back a couple of weeks, I was excited to get Mike James, but after watching him play, good god, what a blessing.

9. adai

adai Member

It should be Sura's injury is blessing in disguise.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wrong.

Better playoff pairings come out of (a few) losses.:D

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That was actually the pivotal game that brought James to Houston. If Strickland had held his own and we lost, I don't know if CD would have had the urgency to pull the trigger on a trade, but if you remember as the game was unfolding Van and Worrell went from "Strickland is out of gas" to "The Rox must make a trade for a PG" to Van saying at the end of the game that "I am 100% certain a trade will be made". In a way we have Bob Sura's injury BEFORE the trade deadline and Strick's horrible play for James winding up here.

Fate is indeed capricious.

12. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Yeah i agree. If we had won one or both of those games than I am not sure that CD would have pushed for adding James to the team.

13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Probably a combination of both. Sura's injury exposed our shallow depth at pg....and the two loses clearly magnified it. Had Strickland or AB played halfway decent...we prob would have won one or both of those games, and Mike James might not be here now.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I recall saying right after news broke on the Mike James trade that Tony Parker had inadvertently done the Rockets a huge favor. I'd love nothing more than to see James hit the series clinching jumper against the Spurs in the playoffs.