1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haralabos Voulgaris on Harden's Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kwame, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden simply can’t perform offensively when he’s tasked with defending a key offensive player. JJ backed him down to death</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/451186306513506304">April 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>he DGAF RT <a href="https://twitter.com/jandavidjansen">@jandavidjansen</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob">@haralabob</a> I’m paying a little more attention to Harden play D. He doesn’t even care does he?</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/455862809369116673">April 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Speculating why Harden DGAF about D - he tried vs LBJ in Finals. his offense fell off a cliff. He’s too out of shape to play both ends.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/455863576247300096">April 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Really looking forward to a Houston vs Portland playoff series - up close look at the worst defensive guards in the league, by far.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/455552519674933248">April 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I wasn’t being sarcastic, I really like watching points. Harden and Lillard are gonna go off, so is whoever they are guarding.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/455552888593334273">April 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

wow he went IN on him. haralabob always speaks truth though.

[​IMG]

3. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Yea I hate to say it's true, that's why Jordan is the GOAT and harden is not lol (deandre not mike) ;)

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree with him. Being bad at it and not giving effort are 2 different things. The no effort kills me

5. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

these are the type of posts... that motivate mofos

6. VBG

VBG Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kyrie and Jose are up there, but right now there isn’t a worse defensive SG than James Harden. He’s having a career year.</p>&mdash; Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) <a href="https://twitter.com/haralabob/statuses/455553674366840833">April 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

Haralabos loves Harden on offense too and had him as an All NBA first teamer

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

hmmm? who is this guy, and why should his opinion matter? lol

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

9. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

We forget how young Harden is. His defensive issues are similar to Westbrook e.g losing guys on backdoor cuts which are habits he hasn't broken yet.

Yeah, his gas tank is also an issue as well as just being a poor defender.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

so the only difference between MJ and Harden is playing D?

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So are we going to make a thread about every random gambler's NBA thoughts? Not like he's an NBA insider, plus everyone knows Harden and Lillard suck on defense.

12. Yellow

Yellow Member

I like to see Harden work his but off in the off-season and trim some of that fat, turn it into muscle and start defending. Can you imagine how good he would be??

13. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

And the beard

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

15. valorita

valorita Member

Harden has to understand that once you shut down a guy on the first few possessions, you break his confidence and not allow him to get comfortable and on a roll. Thus he would be able to coast until the end of the game on key possessions. There are only a few guys that this rule doesn't apply to and that are the stars of the league which he wouldn't be his primary defensive assignment anyways. We are really missing a defensive wing on this team. As for harden's shape, i really cant take an educated guess because his beard prevent me from being able to tell whether he is gasping for air or not.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Who the heck is this douche and why does anyone care about his opinion?

17. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

He isn't sharing anything earth shattering. We all know harden's defense is inferior....nothing new here folks.

18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

He maybe a douche but don't attack the truth.
    I always believe Harden is immature when it comes to playing D. Playing D is all about desire and effort. If Harden truly wants to be elite, he must grow up and set an example for the rest of the team.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I still don't know who this douche is or why I should care about his opinion.

1 person likes this.
  20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sampson kind of hitt he nail on the head though, he doesn't play defense outside the 4th quarter except against select opponents.