1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A With Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/qa-terrence-jones

2. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Gotta like this rookie.

3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

gave basic answers to every question. Nothing to love just yet

4. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

nice! strong mind

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Terrence Jones the one PF that we drafted that doesn't talk all mature like and hasn't overcome a mental condition?

6. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i was worried about this too
    but now i can understand Royce, he has a artistic soul
    so his mind works differently
    everything will be ok

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We don't need an artistic soul. We need an athletic soul. Royce's soul needs to stop writing songs and go to the soul gym to work on its soul athleticism.

1 person likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I have high hopes for Terrence Jones, I just hope he steps up to the plate. He seemed a bit hesitant in the interview going with all these safe answers. Donatas was straight Gangster last year talking about taking on Dwight and not going into the woods!

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jones could end up being the best of the rookies.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In 5 years who knows where any of the rookies will be, but it's going to be real hard not getting attached to these guys. Great attitude, great hustle and a desire to get better from all of them. I think TJones has a chance to be a hell of a starting PF in the league for a long time.

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

LOL. I think that condition is known as saying very little with a lot of words. Well, let his game do the talking or whatever cliche is suitable here, but god what a boring interview.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

time flies.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Man, 13 in 33, you're really predicting Terrance Jones averages close to a double double? That would be quite a feat! Don't know if I would bet on it, but it certainly would be nice....... Unfortunately, I doubt he'll get enough minutes even if he does turn out to be a prolific rebounder.

14. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I hope the rooks impress during training camp. I'll be disappointed if they never see the court. Someone's going to have to play out of position to some degree if the new guys are going to play - like Terrence at 3, or Dmo at 5. Sink or swim time.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Im hoping tjones can turn into a jsmoov like player..

16. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

NBA is more a mental game (granted that the physical aspects are important too). If he can't cope with the pressure, he shouldn't even be in the gym.

17. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I see him transforming into more of an SF than Jsmoove (especially with our PF position so stacked atm) kinda in the vein of Ron Artest if he can improve his shot

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

After watching him in the preseason and how effortless his points seemed to come and within the game rather than having plays run for him , I wouldnt bet against him. His game seems almost effortless , and I mean that as a compliment.

You watch him play and dont really notice him a whole lot , then you look at the box score and he's got 20/10.

I dont know what position he will get the majority of his minutes at , but he's going to get on the court early and often .... Could be at any of the three big spots.
    I can see him getting minutes at SF behind Parsons .... at PF behind Motejunas and behind Asik at C as he can defend any of those three positions and thats what playing time for most bigs boils down to - Who can you defend?

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I like this kid even this interview was quite boring. I hope one day he can be our starting PF.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There should be a sticky to remind folks not to post the entire content of the link. Please click on the link, if you didn't originally, so Friedman can get credit for views.