1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN ranks Coaches: McHale #13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Apr 4, 2014.

1. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

What I like about McHale is his ability to connect to players. I think what makes our current system so faulty is our ability to get consistent scoring from the outside. A part of me dies whenever I see how sluggish our offense can get when our supposed "shooters" aren't consistently a threat.

2. NotChandlerParsons

My only major complaint about the offense is that we run way too many post ups for Dwight. But I don't think that decision is up to McHale.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Garcia can hang with guys like Durant for awhile and did so in the PlayOffs, when he gets it done defensively his shots start falling. It's the incompetence of the coaching staff to not know our personnel and make good rotations.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh. The Rockets offense is a mirror of Morey's vision. No inefficient two point shots. You do realize that Melo and LMA, two of the best mid-range shooters in today's NBA, do not average anywhere close in PPP to the Rockets roster as a whole? A telling stat. The Rockets are taking so many fewer mid-ranged shots than the NBA it is not even funny. Please go back and read some of my posts on NBA defense. NBA defense is defined by Coach Thib. And it takes time to develop. See my previous posts on the GARM.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

How is Casey so high up? Lmfao.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

If he was in the west he would have the same amount of success as Hornachek. lool

I think this is a good list IMO with how the season has played out.

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Mchale 20th on my list

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL @ Mike Spoelstra at #4.

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Uhh being able to coach 3 ball dominant stars is not as easy as you think. He deserves that spot.

10. jocar

jocar Member

Not catering offense to Lin.
    Last place!!

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

not a bad list. mchal eis an average coach so he's ranked right in the middle

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think George Karl would be a good coach for this rockets roster.

13. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

Jason Kidd, Adelman, and Mark Jackson should be higher

Charlotte sucks but I like what Clifford's done w/ that roster, which is basically Kemba, Al Jefferson, and 13 scrubs nobody wants. Top 10 defense, guys like McRoberts and Henderson are solid this year, that 3 man pick and roll they run is nice to watch.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Dwane casey should be top 5

15. JBar

JBar Rookie

I just think you need a longer track record in the NBA and win more games before you can be ranked among the top half of coaches. Losing but doing all right for part of a season considering the talent one has isn't enough. I think Stevens has a bright future, but he hasn't accomplished enough yet.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hate on mchale all you want, but we went into this game tonight with a plan and executed it perfectly. we knew durant was going to need to do all their scoring tonight and we shut him down effectively knowing we didn't need to focus on anyone else

17. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Mark Jackson is easily the worst coach on that list

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Really? Because I'm quite sure most people had the Wolves in the playoffs this year and found them severely underachieving.

Also, did you even look at the list? Hornacek? Stotts? Casey? BRAD STEVENS? Clifford? Carslie?

19. TISNF

TISNF Member

I disagree. There's something to be said about managing egos, but you could just as easily look at it as this: with all that talent they shouldn't be struggling for the east's top seed.

Spoelstra (and Brooks) are absolutely overrated as coaches. In fact, the NBA coach in general is overrated -- you and I could coach the Heat to the playoffs just sitting in our asses at home