1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline 2012 - realistic trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Feb 23, 2012.

1. MarcusMorris20

I'd love to see Garnett come to Houston, even if it's only for 2 years. He's got the clutch gene, and it would certainly be welcome in H-Town.

Along the same lines, Paul Pierce would be a nice add as well.

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I've heard rumors that the Lakers reportedly want Michael Beasley and the Timberwolves may actively pursue Kevin Martin.

If this is the case, I think this trade would be good for every team.

[​IMG]

LAL receives - Luis Scola, Goran Dragic (or Flynn), Michael Beasley, & Wesley Johnson.

HOU receives - Pau Gasol

MIN receives - Kevin Martin

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Or instead of Wesley Johnson throw in Anthony Randolph

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What happend to parsons face? it was clear when we first drafted him and then when the season started it was full with acne.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

That is where you are wrong. Jim Buss' kids are now running that organization and their primary concern is money a.k.a. the luxury tax. That is the whole reason they gave Lamar Odom away and have fired countless scouts and other personnel behind the scenes.... Mark my words they WILL NOT be paying the luxury tax any time soon.... think about it....

6. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I think this trade makes tons of sense for everyone involved.

7. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

why would we trade dragic?! what would we do for a backup PG? go with flynn? i dont like that idea at all

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dragic is expiring and its unlikely he comes back next year unless he signs cheap cheap cheap.

Id bet Llull comes over next season as our backup PG.

If you can package Scola, Budinger, Dragic for a good piece, you do it. It just makes sense.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Fair, but he packaged Scola, Martin and Dragic.

Before the season, with the opportunity to sign Nene (whatever you think of him), sure. Today? No.

I've been wrong before, but it's hard to see DM pull the trigger again on effectively a Scola, Martin, Dragic trade for just Gasol.

10. cod

cod Member

Dragic and Llull will probably command the same type of contract.

11. aznxdongie

aznxdongie Member

I was one of fans here that would love to see Gasol trade happend b4 the season started, so we would sign Nene keep Hayes & Lin, still lots of pain when thinking about it.
    Now this team is playing well, but Scola is only post offensive player we have and yet he can be taken out of the game easily by doubling or fronting, if we stay the strategy of trading Scola/Martin/Dragic for Gasol, no doubt its great upgrade at pf spot ideally, but u got to consider how much fire Gasol still has once he get trade here as he mentioned he doesn't' like to play in Houston, plus the team chemistry maybe destructed tremendously from there by losing two starter n good backup pg. Plus, i think Gasol's trade value has got raised because his frequent exposure to media. In long term his contract can be poisoned if he continues his low performance.
    No doubt we still need to upgrade our 4/5, who else is the league may have the same quality like Gasol but its tradable? - Al Jefferson. half season is gone and Jazz 15/17 that team needs a direction, despite the early success this team is struggling now because they are super light at 1-3, Harris can't shoot, Hayward too soft, the rest has nothing. Plus, they wanna develop kanter and Favors, with Jefferson and Millsap locked in the 4/5, they both only got 10 mpg. When we got K martin, Sarc listed him as untouchable asset until the last min. not just once or twice Morey praised Jazz in the public i think he is looking at Jazz as well and see what he can get from them. Hopefully Morey can do his magic again.

I would do the trade like the following:
    hou: Al Jefferson
    min: Martin
    jazz: Dragic/Hill/Beasley/Johnson(or Webster + pick).

Salary wise works. Each team got what they need. What you guys think?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I agree. I think it is unlikely Martin is included in any trade with Scola for Gasol at this point. Morey made the initial trade thinking he was getting Gasol/Nene and Lin.

The price (that we are willing to pay) for just Gasol is much lower than that.

I don't think so. Rockets have exclusive negotiating rights with Llull and he is on a different "years in NBA" scale than Dragic, as defined by the CBA. Llull will come in on rookie scale, Dragic will get veteran money.

13. HiGHurNAMEis

HiGHurNAMEis Member

...+1
    Well thought out & put together speculation.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If NJ trade D-will, it won't be for the future, it will be for players that can get them into the playoffs.

They're moving the team, and they're moving it to New York, being bad for a bright future may work for the sports starved hicks of Oklahoma, but you move to NY and start bad, it's just going to be brutal.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Scola, Martin, Dragic deal for Gasol included enough cap space to then add Nene as well, without that additional factor, that trade just won't happen.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't think rondo or howard are getting traded. La wants to move gasol badly,but they won't give him away. In orlandos case, they will just do a sign and trade at seasons end and get a trade exception if they still have those.

17. CDave

CDave Member

Scola, Martin and Dragic were NEVER trade assets that were targeted for the Lakers back in December.

Hello? Their destination was NEW ORLEANS.

Now if LA wanted that trade, they would've made it then and there would have been no purpose for bringing New Orleans into a hree way trade.

But they didn't want that trade then. They wanted Chris Paul without whom there was no deal.

Now if they didn't want Scola, Martin and Dragic in December for Gasol, why would they want them now?

Hello?

Answer= they wouldn't! They're still looking for that point guard and it's not Scorin' Goran Dragic.

1 person likes this.
  18. CDave

CDave Member

Lots of hype and speculation has been written about the Buss family for years and years and the the more recent so-called feud that supposedly existed between the sons and Phil Jackson.

But the Lakers have had 2 GMs in forty years since Jerry Buss bought the team. The Laker FO is known for being very methodical, unemotional, consummate professional basketball people do what's right by the team and as long as Jerry's alive and Kupchak is the GM, they're not going to let the Lakers fall apart.

if anything the cable network deal isolates them much further from having to be too concerned about the immediate impact of additional cost coming from the luxury tax although I'm sure their preference is not to pay it down the road.

In almost 5 decades, through thick and thin, The Buss's have never balked at having to bankroll the franchise. It's inconceivable that Jerry would allow this to become his legacy as the owner of the team.

As far as Odom, your story doesn't jive with what I've heard. Odom would have been retained following Stern Gate but he was hugely disappointed and demanded a trade and the Laker FO accommodated.

As it turns out, Odom reported in the worst shape of his career, thanks to his Hollywood priorities last year and is now a shadow of the player he was in LA. He's currently a hostage of the Mavs deep bench and most likely at 32 years old, won't ever recover.

19. cod

cod Member

Llull is a 2nd round pick. There is no rookie scale for him.

He would also be on the same " "years in NBA" scale" as Dragic. This would not matter anyway as it only concerns max contracts.

Rudy Fernandez signed a €3M ($4M) per year contract with Real Madrid during the lockout. That's tax free money. If Llull is their franchise player and can command that sort of cash the Rockets would have to offer at the least the MLE to even have a sniff at signing him away from Spain.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont want Pau - I have no interest in dumping a third of our total cap space into a 31, 32 and then 33 yr old Pau Gasol.... that said, I'd love to play third wheel - sending Pau to Minnie with Bud. Scola, Dragic and Beasley to LA. We walk away with Derrick Williams and a center (preferably Pekovic - realistically Darko)...

Kamen for expirings (and possibly Bud) - cool.

Celtics... pass! Those dinosaurs are all fading fast and fall in the same category as overpaying Gasol...

D12/DWill dream - i'd go all in for whatever we gotta do...

Kmart to Minnie - plenty of good possibilities I'd consider!

Deal with Portland.... Wallace or Batum are worth dealin for...